Cold Country Stampbord Box - Nani ke Ola Guest Designer


Hi! I'm a guest blogger at Nani ke Ola today. I was first introduced to Nani ke Ola in May, when the Paper Wings Productions design team paired up with the Nanki ke Ola design team for a Friendship blog hop. Jenn generously supplied me with the gorgeous 7 Dots Studio Cold Country collection. As a way to thank her for her kindness, and to just have fun with this beautiful paper line, I've altered an Ampersand Stampbord Box and am thrilled to share my project with you today!


I colored the lid with shimmery watercolors and then stamped the top with some of my favorite Paper Wings Productions stamps from the Vintage Melange Cling Stamp Set. I let the ink dry overnight and then, since the surface of the lid is made of clay, went back and scratched into my designs, creating highlights and texture on the hair, flowers and decorative scroll border.


I covered the outside edges and the inside top and bottom lids with Cold Country patterned paper. I finished the inside edges of this box with turquoise embossing enamel. I stained the inner lip of the box for a rich, brown finish. Lastly, I sealed the outside of the box with a clear lacquer and then attached the hardware.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Be sure to visit the Nani ke Ola Store to check out all the new items. You can pick up Prima Chalk Edgers for just $1 until the end of the month!

Comments

  1. CONGRATS on the GDT!!!! This is STUNNING! I love love love the colors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! It all went together so well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment