Be Mine - Pion Design


Hi! I'm sharing a layout I created for Pion Design today. I was inspired by the Pion Design February Challenge. I used the gorgeous To my Valentine collection for this page. Just like the mood board, I included flowers, hearts, butterflies, and an old photograph in my design. As usual, I found many wonderful images and sentiments on the patterned papers to cut out and include on my page.


I inked and painted this chipboard heart and then filled in the center space with a piece of patterned paper that is covered with small white hearts.


The couple in this vintage family wedding photo, dating back to 1925, is my Great-Grandfather John and Great-Grandmother Mabel. I just love this picture and have scrapped this photograph several times. I have used a scanned and copied photograph in my previous designs. As you can see above, this is the original photo. I think this paper collection is so beautiful, and I'm really happy with how this page turned out, so I thought this page deserved what I had been holding back to be truly special.


I cut the large lace heart from the In my Heart patterned paper and used it as a photo mat. The smaller red hearts were cut from the 6x6 Forget Me Not patterned paper. One feature that I love about the 6x6 designs, besides the fun smaller size, is that all the 6x6 designs are single-sided.


I cut numbers to use for the date from the Borders and 6x6 Roses of Love patterned papers.


I finished this page with some deep red flowers for a vibrant pop of color.

I hope I have inspired you! If you're still creating love themed projects this month, we'd love to have you join the Pion Design February Challenge.


Create any project inspired by the theme, photo and/or colors using mainly Pion Design papers.

♥ Publish your project on your blog.
♥ Link to the Challenge.
♥ Include the Challenge image shown above in your blog post.
♥ Use InLinkz to upload your entry to the Pion blog.

The challenge is open for entries until February 26. By the end of the month we will announce a lucky winner who will get to choose a complete Pion Design collection in 12-inch and 6-inch!

Pion products:
To my Valentine - In my Heart - PD6801
To my Valentine - Everlasting Love - PD6802
To my Valentine - Borders - PD6810
To my Valentine - Tags - PD6812
Images from the Past - To my Valentine - PD1609
To my Valentine 6x6 - Forget Me Not - PD6903
To my Valentine 6x6 - Roses of Love - PD6905

Comments

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the hearts and flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment