Sweetheart - Pion Design

Photo Credit: AnnMarie Walker

Hi! I'm super excited to share my first layout created for Pion Design! The To my Valentine collection was just what I needed to document this sweet photo of a friend’s daughter. This beautiful line is fantastic for Valentine's Day crafting, but I enjoy scrapping the girls, so I plan to use this collection all year long!


The Tags and Borders patterned papers have a wonderful selection of postcards and titles to cut out for use on a variety of projects. I used several of the designs on this layout to build up interesting layers beneath my photo. I used one of the border sentiments for the title of this layout.


I absolutely love the heart pattern on the backdrop in the photo and I wanted to duplicate that look on my page. I used a heart stencil with pink ink to add light pink hearts to the background of the page. I used a piece of pink cardstock from the Pion Design Palette to help soften the red/black/cream color palette of the To my Valentine line. I stamped the pink cardstock using a script stamp and gold ink. I then embossed the stamping with clear embossing powder for a dimensional finish.


I cut three red hearts from the Tags patterned paper and glued them around the photo. I love that they could be mistaken for a stamped image at a distance. I think the addition of the red paper hearts adds a bit of dimension to the background. I finished my design by adding pink embellishments and a sprinkling of gold mica flakes and pink sequins.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Pion products:
To my Valentine - Roses of Love PD6804
To my Valentine - Valentine's Roses PD6806
To my Valentine - Borders PD6810
To my Valentine - Tags PD6812
Pion Design Palette - Pion Pink III PD6117

Comments

  1. GORGEOUS! LOVING that photo, the hearts, the flower and the bow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment