Rustic Basswood Plank Heritage Album - Walnut Hollow

Rustic Basswood Plank Heritage Album by Dana Tatar for Walnut Hollow

Hi! I'm a guest blogger on the Walnut Hollow blog today! I share how I constructed this heritage album from Rustic Basswood Planks. I used a wax paper transfer technique to add the subtle floral print to the wood. I printed the Pretty Maids Digital Patterned Paper from the Gecko Galz Pocket Full of Posies Digital Paper Pack on my home ink jet printer for the cover of this album. The wax paper transfer was a fun new way for  me to use digital paper. The wood grain, knots, and bark edge adds character to make this album even more special.

I embellished the cover of this album with a beautiful mix of store-bought and handmade flowers and paper die-cuts. If you're interested to learn how to create a vintage button felt flower, I share my tutorial HERE.

Forever Vintage Wedding Scrapbook Layout by Dana Tatar

My collection of vintage family photographs is slowly growing as I receive them from family members. I wanted to create a durable heritage album that could be easily added to and passed down through the generations. The patterned papers I used for the inside covers and the scrapbook layout are from FabScraps.

Visit the Walnut Hollow Online Shop to see all the other pieces in the rustic pallet range.


I'd love to hear what you think! How do you showcase old family photos? Leave me a note in the comments section.

Rustic Basswood Plank Heritage Album with Wax Paper Transfer by Dana Tatar

Comments

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the soft colors and the flowers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment