Rolled Magazine Wall Art - Walnut Hollow

Rolled Magazine Wall Art by Dana Tatar for Walnut Hollow

Hi! I'm up on the Walnut Hollow blog today sharing a fun way to upcycle old magazines into a colorful piece of wall art. I enjoy projects that take advantage of upcycled materials. My husband recently switched airlines and gifted me his unused miles to subscribe to magazines. At first, it was fun to receive magazines in the mail. I was up-to-date on all the celebrity gossip, I was learning valuable fashion tips, and I was enjoying trying out new recipes and DIY projects. As my personal and family commitments grew with the change of seasons, my time to read was drastically cut and I ended up with a fairly large stack of magazines. Rather than recycle them, I thought it would be fun to use the glossy, colorful pages for art. This project was really fun and is great for crafters of all ages!

I used the beautiful Chippendale Plate as the base for this project. I didn’t want to cover up the subtle grain pattern or soft finish of this beautiful wood plate, so I chose to leave the decorative edge unadorned. Chippendale Plates are made from Basswood – the best type of wood for successful wood burning and woodcarving techniques – so this plate is ready to paint, stain, decoupage, stamp, burn, or embellish to match your personal taste and decor. Would you leave the edge of the plate as is or personalize it? I’d love to hear how you would design this piece in the comments section!

Walnut Hollow Father's Day Sale

Also, if you're having trouble finding that special something for Dad, hurry to take advantage of the Walnut Hollow Father's Day Sale and make a personalized gift that he's sure to love. If the beverage tote above looks like a good gift, check out how I altered one for my husband HERE.

Rolled Magazine Wall Art Tutorial by Dana Tatar for Walnut Hollow


Comments

Post a Comment