Although I've been crafting for over a decade, I'm new to swapping my artwork. One of my favorite things about being a part of the Canvas Corp Creative Crew is the opportunities to swap artwork with artists from all over the world. I swapped Artist Trading Cards a few months ago. The most recent swap I've participated in was one for postcards. I mailed my postcard off to Finland and received one from Australia! I think it is super cool to send a piece of myself across an ocean.
I used some of my favorite colors and a butterfly stamp set to create my postcard. I've written out the instructions below if you'd like to replicate this design.
Canvas Corp Printed Ivory Postcard
Canvas Corp Tissuestock
Tattered Angels Marmalade Glimmer Mist
Tattered Angels Sun Sisters Glimmer Mist
Tattered Angels Jade Decor and DIY Paint
Tattered Angels Viridian Decor and DIY Paint
7 Gypsies Rub On
Butterfly Stamp Set
1. Use a paintbrush to apply a small amount of Tattered Angels Jade and Viridian Decor and DIY Paint to the back of a Printed Ivory Postcard. Roll a brayer over the paint to spread it around the card. Speed up the drying process with a heat gun.
2. Use a paintbrush and Marmalade and Sun Sisters Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist to fill in any white space on the postcard. Dry with a heat gun.
3. Use black archival ink and a butterfly stamp set to add pattern to a piece of Tissuestock.
4. Apply gel medium to the postcard. Press the stamped Tissuestock onto the postcard and press to seal.
5. Apply a rub-on sentiment to the bottom left corner of the postcard. Seal the postcard with a layer of gel medium.
This is the awesome postcard I received from Lynn Good. The color and shimmer is even more vibrant in real life. You'll want to stop by Lynn's blog for more inspiration!