Plastic Coffee Container Upcycle - Canvas Corp Brands

How to Paint Plastic Coffee Containters with Tattered Angels Decor and DIY Paint

Hi! I'm sharing a fun upcycling project that I created for Canvas Corp Brands today. I'm leaving the studio and going into the kitchen for a quick and easy project that is fun to make. I added color and upcycled an item that was just hanging around. Many of us have just such items like worn out dish drainers, paper towel holders, jars and containers that we either throw away, recycle or store without knowing what to do with them. I hope to inspire you with this simple idea that will add sunshine to your kitchen. Or, maybe you take an everyday kitchen gadget and move it to the studio, library or your desk. It is fun to see what you can create and make functional at the same time. I'm always looking for more creative storage options, and these upcycle plastic coffee containers are a great inexpensive option!

Plastic Coffee Containers Before Paint

Plastic Coffee Container Upcycle

I saw a brilliant post by Kitchen Kelli about Painted Folgers Coffee tubs on Pinterest. I’ve tried the Tattered Angels DIY + Décor Paint on metal and finished wood and was curious to see how it would cover plastic.

I painted the plastic tubs, directly over the stickers, with 3 light coats of paint. I couldn’t be happier with the results. My husband’s office is directly across from the coffee pot and he assures me that there is a never-ending supply of tubs if I want them! I think these tubs would make great gift containers. The Signature Red Folgers color, paired with the Viridian paint, which could then be sanded and distressed to reveal the second color underneath, would be perfect for packaging Christmas cookies.

So next time you come across a plain kitchen gadget, empty containers, glass jars, etc. consider a little paint and details and jazz them up for the kitchen, office, storage, gifts and more.

Happy Creating and Happy Upcycling!

Supplies: Tattered Angels Viridian DIY + Décor Paint; American Crafts Chalkboard Label Stickers; Plastic Coffee Tubs

Pin It!
How to Paint Plastic Coffee Containters with Tattered Angels Decor and DIY Paint

Comments