Fly Solo Mixed Media Board - Tando Creative


Hi! I'm sharing a mixed media board for the Anything Goes theme this week on the Tando Creative Design Blog. I had a lot of fun with the Nathalie Kalbach Fashion Dame Stamp Set, the Nathalie Kalbach Bird Stamp Set, the Deco Art Media Line, and Stampendous Spoonful of Silver.

I started this piece by coloring the edge of a Mixed Media Board with a black paint pen and the top of the board with a layer of DecoArt White Gesso. I then sprayed the board with a DecoArt Turquoise Shimmer Mister. I painted solid areas of color using DecoArt Primary Magenta, Primary Yellow, and then a mix of White Gesso, Primary Yellow, and Cadmium Red Hue to create the peach paint. I added a small oval of turquoise acrylic paint. Once the paint was dry, I stamped the foam bird image onto the board using black pigment ink.

To brighten the design I added splatters of Primay Yellow acrylic paint and some doodles with a white paint pen. To dress up the background I used the trouser stamp from the Fashion Dame Stamp Set with purple pigment ink to add a lined design around the bird. I then sprinkled on Spoonful of Silver over the ink and applied heat to set. I highlighted the small ovals on the wing and the eye of the bird with DecoArt Liquid Glass. I finished this board with a Dymo tape quote.

You can find the chipboard I used for this project, and a wonderful selection of DecoArt and Stampendous products, in the Tando Creative Retail Store.

Comments

  1. This is gorgeous and I loveeeeeeeeeee that quote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and the whole project. So wonderful!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment