How I Feel Mixed Media Board - Tando Creative


Hi! I'm sharing the mixed media board I created for the Color Theme this week on the Tando Creative Design Blog. This is one of my favorite color palettes and I had a lot of fun playing with texture on this piece. I began by first priming a Mixed Media Board with DecoArt White Gesso. I then sprayed 2/3 of the board with a DecoArt Turquoise Shimmer Mister. After that area of color dried, I painted the left side of the board with a mix of DecoArt Primary Yellow and Cadmium Red Hue to create the vivid orange paint. I overlapped the orange paint onto a portion of the blue on the center of the board to create the deeper orange color.

No recent project of mine is complete without some embossing. I used a stamp and Versa-Mark ink with Stampendous Spoonful of Gold Dust to add some gold circles to the board. I was inspired by the netting on the challenge image, so I added some to the right side of the board. I finished this piece with a sunflower and sentiment sticker.


You can find the chipboard I used for this project, and a wonderful selection of DecoArt and Stampendous products, in the Tando Creative Retail Store.

Comments

  1. Ohhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and the flower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment