Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Fragile Tag - Tando Creative

Stamped Watercolor Fragile Tag by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative


Hi! I'm sharing the tag I created for the Tag theme this week on the Tando Creative Design Blog. I cut a tag from a piece of Tando packaging and then applied DecoArt Gesso over the surface with a spatula for a textured finish. Once the gesso was dry, I added color to the tag with Gelatos.

How to Use Gelatos and Stencils to Create Watercolor Backgrounds by Dana Tatar

Then, I placed the Giovanna Doilie Stencil over the tag and traced around it with a black pen. Next, I stamped a woman into the center of the stenciled design. I colored the stenciled design and the stamped image with watercolors. I further embellished the tag with two painted leaves from the Leaf Branch with 3 Loose Leaves. I stamped a sentiment, added some doodles and tape to the tag, and then attached a tassel to the top to finish.

Stamped and Stenciled Watercolor Tag with Chipboard Embellishments by Dana Tatar

You can find the chipboard I used for this project, and a wonderful selection of DecoArt products, in the Tando Creative Retail Store. Share your work with us in Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhh this is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dana
    First, I wish you a very happy New Year 2017!! Highly creative as usual... :-)
    I also hope you are going well, and everything fine for you and your family.
    Then, just wanted to tell you how gorgeous I find your tag using Gio's stencil!!!!
    Scrumptious and really artsy.
    Mwah!
    Corinne X

    ReplyDelete