The One Who Loves You Arch - Tando Creative

George Michael Tribute Mixed Media Arch by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

Happy New Year! I'm sharing the arch I created for the Color Theme on the Tando Creative Design Blog. I am still in shock over the passing of George Michael. He was one of my favorite artists and I'm mourning this loss by listening to his catalog. I used some of his song lyrics on this piece.

Musical Cherub Among Flowers on a George Michael Tribute Arch by Dana Tatar

I started this piece with one layer of the Arabian-Style Layered Arch Frame. I painted the frame with DecoArt Primary Cyan Fluid Acrylic, and then added a top coat of DecoArt Gold Interference for a subtle shimmer. Once the frame was dry, I backed it with a piece of vellum and then a piece of patterned paper.

I Will Be The One Who Loves You 'Till The End of Time George Michael Tribute Arch By Dana Tatar

I embellished the arch with flowers, ribbon, lace, patterned paper, and a resin angel. I distressed the frame with white paint and then added a decorative border with dimensional paint and a teardrop rhinestone. I added lyrics to finish the piece.


You can find the chipboard I used for this project, and a wonderful selection of DecoArt products, in the Tando Creative Retail Store. We'd love to see your take on this color palette! Share your work with us in Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook.

Comments

Post a Comment