Believe Wings Plaque - Tando Creative

Believe Mixed Media Wings Plaque by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

Hi! I'm sharing the wings plaque I created for the embossing theme this week on the Tando Creative Design Blog. I had a lot of fun creating this piece of altered art. I've been saving some supplies for a while and it feels good to use them on a colorful project with a positive message.

I started this piece with a Walnut Hollow 6"x8" Basswood Rectangle Plaque and then added a coat of blue acrylic paint. Once the paint dried, I added a layer of Dr. Martens tissue paper that I saved from a boot purchase. (After spending a significant sum on the boots, you bet I kept every scrap of tissue paper and the box!) I like the tissue paper for crafty projects because I just love the black cross pattern on the paper. I added a layer of gold crosses over the tissue paper by spreading Faber-Castell Gold Texture Luxe over the Crafter's Workshop Mini Positive Stencil. Next, I added color with a strip of bright yellow washi tape, hand-dyed pink seam binding ribbon, iridescent sequins, and purple dimensional paint dots.

Believe Iced Enamels Embossed Wings Mixed Media Plaque by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

Happy with my base, I embossed a pair of wings from the Wings Set with Ice Resin Iced Enamels Ivory and Silver Glitz powders. The Iced Enamels are designed to color metal, but I used these enamels on chipboard all the time and love the effect. The chipboard wings are one of three pairs included in the set, which varies in both wing design and size. I glued the wings to the plaque and then glued a photo charm embellishment over the top.
 
Believe Wings Plaque Closeup by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative


You can find the chipboard I used for this project in the Tando Creative Retail Store. There are several chipboard sets available with wings in addition to the set that I used for this piece including a fun steampunk set with cogs, and a whimsical mix of wings and hearts. We'd love to see your creativity! Share your work with us in Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook.

Pin It!


Blue Wood Plaque with Embossed Chipboard Wings, Stenciled Accents, and Pink Hand-Dyed Ribbon

Comments

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors and those wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment