Cherry Blossom Arch - Tando Creative


Hi! I'm sharing the arch I created for the Anything Goes theme this week on the Tando Creative Design Blog. I have a gorgeous cherry blossom tree in my front yard. I wait all year for the couple of weeks that this tree is in bloom. The beautiful flowers are beginning to open up and I just can't stop looking out my window. The view from my front windows was my inspiration this week.


I started this project by gluing together 4 outer cuts from the Arabian-Style Layered Arch Frame. Then, I painted the frame with a layer of Gesso. Once the frame was dry I added color by brushing on Tattered Angels Espresso Bean Glimmer Glam Glitter Paint. I decided to only use the outer frames, no inner cuts (backing) for this project to create a cool see-through window effect.


I gathered some small branches from my yard, trimmed several of them to fit inside the frame, and then secured them with hot glue. I used Tattered Angels Leaf Plain Jane Baseboard Mist to color a segment of Grass Flexistrip. I dried the chipboard with a heat tool and then secured the ends of the grass strip to the bottom of the arch. This flexible chipboard is super fun to work with! Attaching only the ends of the strip created a narrow gap between the base of the frame and the grass border, which helps this arch to stand.


Next, I glued pink flowers and white leaves to the branches. Finally, I added a glass blue bird and a metal bird cage stick pin to complete the design. To finish, I lightly splattered the arch with white mist.

You can find the chipboard I used for this project in the Tando Creative Retail Store. There are several different styles of arches available. We'd love to see your creativity! Share your work with us in Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook.

Comments

Post a Comment