Bee Keeper Layout - ColoriQue by Lisa Marie Jimenez

Bee Keeper Layout by Dana Tatar for ColoriQue

Hi! I'm sharing a layout that I created using ColoriQue by Lisa Marie Jimenez in two fun ways today. ColoriQue is a fabulous ink that brings color to metal, but also so much more. I used ColoriQue to color raw brass bees to adorn this layout. I also used ColoriQue to color raw chipboard. ColoriQue is super easy to use and I really love how vibrant the colors dry on all different types of surfaces.

My friend and I took our kids to the Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum in Whinchester, Virginia during Spring Break. We always have a wonderful time at this kid-friendly hands-on museum. Much to my delight there was a new exhibit called Pollinator Plaza. I was able to get super close to a live honey bee colony. It was amazing to see, hear, and watch them work. Of course, I took pictures!

How to Color Raw Chipboard with ColoriQue by Lisa Marie Jimenez by Dana Tatar

I used Honey Bee (How perfect is this color?!) and Black Diamond ColoriQue to color raw chipboard embellishments. Simply paint on ColoriQue with a paintbrush and let dry. I distressed the honeycomb and loose hexagon pieces of chipboard with brown dye ink.

How to Paint a Raw Brass Bee with ColoriQue by Dana Tatar

I used Honey Bee, Poppy, Snow Summit, and Black Diamond ColoriQue to color raw brass bees. Before applying ColoriQue to raw brass it is necessary to clean the metal with alcohol. Once clean, I painted the bees. I used a very light coat of Snow Summit on the wings. The brass is still visible, which creates a great iridescent effect. I used a heat tool to dry the ColoriQue between colors, but you can blend and layer different shades of ColoriQue for unique effects.

Hand-Painted Scrapbook Embellishments with ColoriQue by Dana Tatar

Once all the embellishments were dry I assembled the layout. ColoriQue dries quickly to the touch and completely in about 4 hours. Visit Lisa Marie’s Etsy Shop to purchase ColoriQue.

Pin It!

Yellow Layout with Honeycombs and Hand Painted Brass Bees


Comments

  1. This is AWESOME! LOVING the colors and those bees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment