Winged Heart Mixed Media Board - Tando Creative + ColoriQue by LMJ Designs

Winged Heart Mixed Media Board by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

Hi! I'm sharing a Mixed Media Board that I altered for the Antiquing theme this week on the Tando Creative Design Blog. I love working with Tando chipboard for many reasons, but today I'm really celebrating the strength of these boards. I added two large pieces of brass, plus other embellishments, to this board without any structural issues like bending, cracking, or breaking! If you're looking for strong bases for your mixed media and assemblage projects I highly recommend Tando Mixed Media Boards. These boards also look fantastic when embossed and they'll hold up to punching.

I applied a base coat of metallic paint to the board and then prepped two brass pieces from the Lisa Marie Jimenez Etsy Store for painting by cleaning with rubbing alcohol. I painted the decorative rectangular brass piece with Pacific Ocean and Verdigris ColoriQue. Once the paint was dry I sanded the brass for a distressed look.

Winged Heart Mixed Media Board Closeup by Dana Tatar for Tando Creative

I glued the decorative brass piece to the board and then topped it with the 7gypsies Architextures Findings Angel Wings Embellishments. Next, I painted a decorative brass heart with Ruby Slippers, Avocado, and Wisteria ColoriQue. Once the paint was dry, I sanded the brass for a distressed finish and then glued it down on top of the wings.

To complete these piece I added a metal arrow charm and a twine bow to the center of the heart.

You can find the mixed media board I used for this project in the Tando Creative Retail Store. There are several chipboard sets available with wings that would work great in place of the wings stickers I used for my project. We'd love to see your creativity! Share your work with us in Tando's Creative Zone on Facebook.

ColoriQue is a fabulous ink that brings color to metal, but also so much more. There is absolutely no prep work or special tools required to apply ColoriQue to most metal, raw brass being the exception, which needs a quick cleaning with alcohol before coloring. Blend and layer different shades of ColoriQue for unique effects. Distress dry ColoriQue with sand paper for an aged finish. Also, try adding ColoriQue to clay, ceramic, glass, wood, chipboard, and leather. ColoriQue dries quickly and is studio safe. Visit Lisa Marie’s Shop to purchase ColoriQue.

Comments

  1. This is GORGEOUS! I love love love that heart and the wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment