Tea Pot Gift Box - FabScraps

Tea Pot Gift Box by Dana Tatar for FabScraps

Hi! I'm sharing a gift box that I altered for FabScraps using the C95 For the Love of Tea Collection. I'm currently obsessing over Licorice Spice tea and I thought it would be fun to share the love in a fab altered gift tin.

I started this fun piece by cutting a piece of Elegant Tea patterned paper to cover the top of the box lid. The For the Love of Tea Carder's Pack includes a stack of 6x6 patterned papers, as well as die-cuts that fit over the top of some of the coordinating chipboard in the line. These wonderful products make designing 3-D pieces so much easier for people like me who don't own fancy die-cutting machines. I assembled the die-cut tea pot from the Carder’s Pack, brushed the edges with purple dye ink, and then glued the tea pot to the top of the box lid at an angle. Next, I glued the “You’re my cup of tea” tea cup die-cut from the Carder’s Pack onto a chipboard tea cup and inked the edges of the chipboard with purple dye ink. I repeated the same process for a chipboard tea bag tag. To create one embellishment, I looped a piece of white twine through the hole in the top of the tea bag tag and taped the ends of the twine to the back of the chipboard tea cup to attach the two pieces of chipboard together. Finally, I attached both pieces of chipboard to the front of the die-cut tea pot with adhesive foam for a nice dimensional effect.

I embossed the Just for You chipboard word with Amethyst Iced Enamels and added it to the tea pot.

Tea Pot Gift Box Back View by Dana Tatar for FabScraps

Next, I wrapped the base of the tea pot with lace ribbon and glued flowers, leaves, a ribbon bow, and flower clusters cut from the Prepare for Tea patterned paper around the base of the tea pot. I added a Tea for Two clear sticker to the back of the tea pot. I filled the tea box with my favorite flavor of tea.

Comments

Post a Comment