Beach Life Beach House - FabScraps

Summer Loving Beach Life Beach House by Dana Tatar for FabScraps
Hi! I'm sharing the beach house I put together using the super fun Summer Loving collection from FabScraps. I don't usually create 3D projects out of paper, but I was inspired by some of my teammates, who also created beach houses, to give it a try. I used two Tim Holtz dies to create this house, the Village Dwelling and the Village Surf Shack. I used an additional Tim Holtz die set, Tropical, to cut the paper embellishments I arranged around the circular chipboard base. I really love the coordinating chipboard that is included in every FabScraps collection as well as the textured cardstock that matches their paper.

Summer Loving Beach Life Beach House Left Side by Dana Tatar for FabScraps

Summer Loving Beach Life Beach House Right Side by Dana Tatar for FabScraps

The cover from the Summer Loving Chipboard Album made a great support piece for this beach scene. After a coat of acrylic paint, I trimmed the bottom edge of the chipboard cover to create a straight edge the piece could stand on. I glued the back of the house to the bottom of the chipboard ring and embellished it with paper die-cuts and chipboard pieces. I saved the Geami packing paper that was wrapped around a set of glasses to decorate the roof. I think it makes a pretty good imitation of a thatched straw roof!

Summer Loving Beach Life Beach House Tropical Die-Cuts by Dana Tatar for FabScraps

Here's a close-up of the textured cardstock offered by FabScraps. I love that I was able to add some visual interest to this piece without the extra step of dry embossing.

Visit the FabScraps Blog to see a greater selection of beached-themed projects created with the Summer Loving collection.

Comments

  1. Wow wow wowwwwwww! This is AMAZING! I am LOVING that little house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment