Hello Summer Beach Umbrella Scenelit - FabScraps

Hello Summer Beach Umbrella Scenelit by Dana Tatar for FabScraps

Hi! I'm sharing an altered project that I created for FabScraps using their Summer Loving line today. As Summer comes to a close I'm wishing that I had more time to spend at the beach. This project started with a great find at the thrift store, I just couldn't leave this little umbrella! I immediately thought it would look good on a beach themed project. I used a chipboard album page for the base of this piece, which added strength, but also a unique shape.

I began this project by embellishing the umbrella, which started out red. After apply a base layer of white gesso, I painted each umbrella segment a bright color pf acrylic paint. I used a red Distress Marker to color the chipboard words "Hello Summer" and then glued them to the top of the umbrella. I finished the umbrella with a lace trim.

Hello Summer Beach Umbrella Scenelit Closeup by Dana Tatar for FabScraps

I embossed the chipboard album page with a sand colored embossing powder that also contained glitter. This base sparkles in the light just like real sand! After I glued the umbrella to the chipboard base I added some paper and chipboard beach-essential embellishments.

I created a small beach blanked from a rectangle of patterned paper. I added some ric rac trim and inked the edges to help it pop a bit. I colored a pair of chipboard flip flops with markers and glued them to the corner of the blanket. Next, I used chalk ink to add color to a chipboard starfish and sea shell, which I glued to behind the blanket. Lastly, I added a handwritted quote that reads "Does the song of the sea end at the shore or in the hearts of those that listen to it?" around the edge of the chipboard base to finish this piece.

If you're looking for more beach themed projects, please stop by the FabScraps blog to see what the team has created.

Comments

  1. Wow wow wow!!! This is absolutely STUNNING!!! I loveeeeeeeeeee it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment