Stamped Mini Book - Paper Wings Productions

Mixed Media Art Stamped Mini Book by Dana Tatar for Paper Wings Productions

Hi! I created this stamped mini book for Paper Wings Productions. I took a month-long online workshop hosted by Nathalie Kalbach called Creative JumpStart. I absolutely loved starting my day with a short video from an inspired artist. The theme this year is Now We're Cooking: Mixed Media Art Recipes. The recipe that I tried for this project is from the amazingly talented Birgit Koopsen. I really enjoy creating mini books and I thought this design was just fantastic. This is a wonderful project for those times when you can't choose which stamp set to use. I was able to celebrate so many of my favorite sets on this piece to create a fun mixed-up book of mini art.

Bird Girl Stamped Mini Book by Dana Tatar for Paper Wings Productions

I chose to use a clip art image on the front of this book, rather than create a stamped cover similar in design to the inner pages. This cute photo of a girl and her bird caught my eye. I kept the cover simple, adding only a red vellum heart and ribbon closure. I think this plain, mostly black and white cover, makes the colorful pages of the book more of a surprise upon opening.

If you'd like more information about the stamp sets that I used on this project, please click over to my post on the Paper Wings Productions blog.

Pin It!


Mixed Media Art Stamped Mini Book by Dana Tatar for Paper Wings Productions

Comments

  1. Ohhhhhhh I love love love this!!!! Beautiful colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb Dana. I love it. I got to try this recipes. I did Wanderlust the last two years, but this year I didn’t sign up. I might try this jumpstart classes. Tfs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment