Expecting Santa - Creative Embellishments

Red and Green Mixed Media Christmas Scrapbook Layout with Holly Berry Frame and DIY Chipboard Christmas Lights

Hi! I'm sharing the layout I created for the Creative Embellishments December Challenge today. The challenge this month is to take inspiration from one or more elements from the image below, with a design twist of adding a pet to the project.


I think this festive steampunk image is super cool. I was most inspired by the lightbulbs on the tree, the shades of blue in the background, and the Christmas theme. I selected one of my favorite photos of my nephew with his bulldog, laying under the Christmas tree, for the twist. I decided to use non-themed patterned paper for this page. The beautiful watercolor reds and greens in the Aga Baraniak Compose Your Life Collection are perfect for the season. I used chipboard embellishments and a photo to play up the holiday theme.

Red and Green Mixed Media Christmas Scrapbook Layout with Holly Berry Frame and DIY Chipboard Christmas Lights

I created my own strand of lights using the Idea Bulbs, Ice Resin Gold Glitz Iced Enamels, blue tissue paper, and black hemp rope. I stapled the rope to the base paper, attached the bulb embellishments with Thin 3D Foam Squares, and then added the rest of the elements.

Heat Embossed Chipboard Holly Frame with Red Puffy Paint Berries on a Mixed Media Christmas Scrapbook Layout

To bring in a steampunk element I randomly stamped the base page using the Steampunk Clock Cluster Stamp and black chalk ink. I heat embossed a Berry Frame 4 with Ice Resin Chartreuse Iced Enamels. I colored the berries with red puffy paint.

To finish my design I applied sticker quotes and letters.

The Creative Embellishments Team would love to have you join in the fun this month! Create a new project inspired by the challenge and don't forget to include the design twist. All artists whose entries meet the challenge requirements that are submitted during the month of December are eligible for the prize drawing for a Gift Certificate to the Creative Embellishments Store!

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
Berry Frame 4
Idea Bulbs
Steampunk Clock Cluster Stamp

Other Supplies: Patterned Paper (Canvas Corp); Cardstock Stickers (Tim Holtz); Letter Stickers (Pinkfresh Studio); Iced Enamels (Ranger); Chalk Ink (Quick Quotes); Puffy Paint; Tissue Paper; Black Hemp Rope; Staples; Thin 3D Foam Squares (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L); E-Z Runner Grand Permanent Dot Dispenser (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L); Dual Tip Glue Pen (HomeHobby by 3L)

Pin It!


Red and Green Mixed Media Christmas Scrapbook Layout with Holly Berry Frame and DIY Chipboard Christmas Lights

Comments