Gemstone Galaxy Tag Set - Creative Embellishments

Gemstone Galaxy Black Tag Set with Chipboard Gems Butterflies and Stars


Hi! I'm sharing a set of gemstone galaxy tags that I made for the Creative Embellishments May Challenge. I absolutely love the inspiration image this month. I was inspired by the gemstones, galaxy backgrounds, and all the black. 

Galaxy Gems and Wings Jewel Tone Photo Collage

I don't often work with a black base, but in this case it was the perfect way to highlight all the sparkly media I applied to the tags. 

Gemstone Galaxy Black Tag Set with Chipboard Gems Butterflies and Stars

I started by applying black gesso over the Stars 3x4 Wood Veneer Card onto the background of two black tags. Once my tags were covered with stars, I sprayed the tags with Verdigris Glimmer Mist and sprinkled on Ice Resin Iced Enamel powders and let dry. I decided to use the wood veneer card in my design. I smoothed black gesso over the entire card and, once dry, split it in half and used it for the second layer on each tag. 

Chipboard Gems with Black Magic Glimmer Mist and Jewel Tone Tissue Paper

Next, I spritzed the Gems Chipboard Set with Black Magic Glimmer Mist. Once the gems were dry I backed them with jewel tone tissue paper. 

Pink Embossed Wood Veneer Butterfly with Throw Kindness Around Like Confetti Sticker

I embossed Wood Veneer Butterflies for each tag to fulfill the wings twist of the challenge. 

Pink Plastic Glitter Bow Eyelash Trim and Tassel Tag Topper

To add even more shimmer to the tags, I applied white enamel and rhinestone stars, and glittery plastic bows. I finished each tag with sticker sentiments and decorative lace, ribbon, and tassels. 

I hope you'll find the time to join the challenge this month! 

Creative Embellishments Supplies:

Other Supplies: Black Tags (Ranger); Stickers (Tim Holtz); Plastic Bows (American Crafts); Rhinestone Stars (Tim Holtz); White Enamel Stars (Twinkle + Ink); Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels); Black Gesso (Ranger); Ice Resin Iced Enamels (Ranger); Ice Resin Relique (Ranger); Ice Resin Opals (Ranger); Tissue Paper; Tassels; Eyelash Trim; Lace; Adhesive (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L)

Pin It!

Gemstone Galaxy Black Tag Set with Chipboard Gems Butterflies and Stars

Comments