See The Light Artist Trading Card

Grungy Mixed Media Artist Trading Card with Sunburst Lightbulb and Stars
Hi! I'm sharing an artist trading card that I created for the More Than Words October 2019 Mini Challenge today. This challenge requires the use of a specific word on a project. The word for this challenge is TRICK and/or TREAT. Although I love all things Halloween, I wasn't feeling the creepy vibe when I sat down to work, so I took the word TREAT in a different direction for this piece.

How to Create aHow to Create a Grungy Mixed Media Lightbulb with Chipboard and Tissue Paper

I started with the Creative Embellishments Star Burst Wood Veneer Card. I colored the card with Lindy's Gang Golden Doubloons Moon Shadow Mist and Cocoa Bean Copper Starburst Mist. Next, I applied rose gold pigment ink to the edge of the card and set it with a coat of clear embossing powder. To add highlights to the sunburst pattern, I applied Prima Art Extravagance Gold Rust Effect Paste. Once dry, I stamped randomly around the edges of the card with teal, brown, and black dye ink using the Creative Embellishments Distressed Circle Stamp.

How to Create a Mixed Media Starburst Background Using Stamps, Ink, and Embossing Powder


For the focal point of the card I colored a Creative Embellishments Industrial Hanging Light Bulb with black marker and then used my finger to apply Prima Art Alchemy Metallique Ancient Coin Acrylic Paint. I backed the light bulb chipboard piece with yellow tissue paper and then attached it to the card on top of a pile of pink twine for a pop of color. I used the same gold paint on the Creative Embellishments Wood Veneer Stars and the Prima butterfly.

To finish the card, I added the quote, which reads; See the light in others and treat them as though it is all you see. I couldn't resist adding just a bit more sparkle with some copper star sequins.


This challenge is open until October 31st. The winner, as voted by the MTW Challenges DT, will receive a $25 USD value prize from The Dusty Attic!

Supplies: Wood Veneer (Creative Embellishments); Chipboard (Creative Embellishments); Stamp (Creative Embellishments); Mist (Lindy's Gang); Acrylic Paint (Prima); Rust Effect Paste (Prima); Pigment Ink (Clearsnap); Dye Ink (Clearsnap); Embossing Powder (Clearsnap); Twine (American Crafts); Butterfly (Prima); Tissue Paper; Sequins; Adhesive (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L)

Pin It!


How to Create a Mixed Media Starburst Background Using Stamps, Ink, and Embossing Powder

Comments

  1. This is gorgeous! LOVING the colors!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year.. Love your creations.. I think you are tremendously creative and very very original... 😊 😊 Love your work..

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment