All Live Floppy Disk Artist Trading Card - More Than Words Challenges

Artist Trading Card Inspired by Rage Against The Machine Song Freedom with Burning Floppy Disk

Hi! I'm sharing the artist trading card I created for the More Than Words April Mini Challenge using the mini word ALL. I have concert tickets to see Rage Against the Machine and I am super excited about the reunion show! I've been listening to my RATM albums on repeat to get pumped. When I saw the mini challenge word for this month, I immediately thought of the lyrics from the song "Freedom;" "All live, never on a floppy disk."

All Live Floppy Disk Artist Trading Card with Stamped Binary Background

I applied a base layer of patterned paper to my artist trading card and inked the edges with chalk ink. Then, I added a second print using dye ink and the Creative Embellishments Binary Stamp. Next, I used my Dymo label maker to press the song lyrics into black label tape. For a touch of sparkle I added some star sequins.

Chipboard Floppy Disk with Flames on an Artist Trading Card inspired by Rage Against the Machine Song Lyrics

I altered a chipboard floppy disk, from the Creative Embellishments 80's Electronics Set, to complete the song lyrics with an image rather than text. It is sometimes challenging to fit everything onto an artist trading card. I really love the imagery, so in this case I think it works better than text. I added flames to the floppy disk to mimic the artwork on the album cover.

More Than Words April 2020 Mini Challenge Mini Word ALL Board

Do you want it ALL this month? Join our Mini Challenge on the More Than Words Facebook Page and you could win a prize!

Supplies: Patterned Paper: Lucky 7 Factory; Chipboard: Creative Embellishments; Rubber Stamp: Creative Embellishments; Acrylic Paint: DecoArt; Ink: Clearsnap; Markers: Sharpie; Staples; Star Sequins; Dymo Tape; Song Lyrics: Rage Against the Machine

Pin It!

Artist Trading Card Inspired by Rage Against The Machine Song Freedom with Burning Floppy Disk

Comments

Post a Comment