Earth Day Suncatcher - Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Upcycled Painted Glass Art with Blue and Green Earth, Glittery 3D Foam Heart, and Faux Soldered Frame

Hi! I'm sharing how to create an Earth Day suncatcher by upcycling everyday household items on the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog today. I hope you are all staying healthy and safe, and are finding some time to be creative while social distancing. One benefit of not being able to make a run to the craft store is that I'm finding ways to incorporate what I already have at home into my art. I've become aware of how wasteful I can be and am going to try to be more green in my crafting. Earth Day is next week, so my revelation couldn't have come at a better time!

Upcycled Painted Glass Art with Blue and Green Earth, Glittery 3D Foam Heart, and Faux Soldered Frame Hanging in the Sun

I upcycled the glass insert from the frame that I used for a previous Spring décor project, a segment of broken necklace chain, and some of my favorite adhesive products to create this colorful Earth Day suncatcher. An everyday kitchen staple and some Double-Sided Tape were perfect materials to apply a faux soldered edge to the glass for a more polished finish. I really love how the sun shines through this piece of glass!

I'd love for you to visit the Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L blog for the full tutorial!

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Supplies:
3D Foam Hearts
Adhesive Sheets 6x12 inch

HomeHobby by 3L Supplies:

Extreme Double-Sided Tape 1/8″
Premium Double-Sided Tape 1/4"

Other Supplies: 4x6 Glass Panel; Glass Graffiti (Clearsnap); Flocking Powder (Martha Stewart); Glitter; Permanent Marker; Aluminum Foil; Silver Chain

Pin It!

Upcycled Painted Glass Art with Blue and Green Earth and Faux Soldered Frame

Comments

Post a Comment