Harmony in the Nest Scrapbook Layout - More Than Words Challenges

Hummingbird Nest Scrapbook Layout with Flowers, Birds, and Butterflies

Hi! I'm sharing the layout I created for the More Than Words April Main Challenge today. The main challenge word this month is EVERYDAY and the creative challenge is BUGS and BIRDS. I try my best to enjoy the beauty of nature everyday. I can usually spot a bird nest on my daily walk. It is not EVERYDAY that I see a hummingbird nest. I had to document this special find, which happened during the excursion I took while vacationing in the Dominican Republic. I used patterned papers that featured BUGS and BIRDS on this page. I just love things with wings!


Hummingbird Nest Photo with Embossed Chipboard Frame, Patterned Paper Hummingbird, and Paper Flowers

To highlight the hummingbird nest on my photo, I embossed a chipboard circle from the Creative Embellishments Rings for Many Things Set with ICE Resin Iced Enamels. I dug deep into my patterned paper stash and found this hummingbird in the Prima Marketing Rondelle Collection. I cut the bird from the patterned paper, colored it with markers, and then secured it to the photo using 3D Foam Squares.


Harmony in the Nest Journaling Card and Scrapbook Paper Title

I used another old Prima Marketing Collection, and a 7Gypsies journaling card, to create the title for this page. I really love the look of the different large fonts. The original journaling card read Harmony in the Home. I covered the word Home with letters I cut from patterned paper to spell the word Nest.


White Paper Flower and Green Fabric Leaves on a Butterfly Patterned Paper Scrapbook Layout

I have a lot of color on my background patterned papers and in my photo, so I chose a neutral flower as an additional embellishment. I also added some bronze sequins for a touch of sparkle.


White Paint Pen Journaling on Black Patterned Paper

I added a seam binding bow and some handwritten journaling to finish the page.


More Than Words April 2020 Birds and Bugs Challenge Board

We do many things is our EVERYDAY lives that we barely think about. It's time to get those memories recorded in your art! What is something you do in your everyday life that you would love to look back on and remember later? Is there something special you do every day that you've never thought to create about? Here is your chance! We need to see in your project how our word inspired you. If it isn't obvious in your work, then please explain it in your post. The creative challenge is easy--just add some BUGS and/or BIRDS to your project. You can add just one or as many as you like. We can't wait to see what you create. You have until the end of the month to submit your challenge entry via the linky tool on the More Than Words Challenges blog.

Supplies: Patterned Paper (Prima Marketing, Graphic 45); Flowers (Prima Marketing); Journaling Card (7Gypsies); Chipboard (Creative Embellishments); Iced Enamels (Ranger); Ink (Clearsnap); Pen (Ranger); Sequins, Seam Binding Ribbon; Leaves; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!


Hummingbird Nest Scrapbook Layout with Flowers, Birds, and Butterflies


Comments

  1. Love love love love everything about this! LOVING the butterfly background, the title, the photo and those leaves!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment