Easter Shadow Box - Clique International

Easter Shadow Box Frame Altered with the My Mind's Eye Gingham Gardens Collection

Hi! I'm sharing the Easter themed shadow box that I altered for Clique International today. I used the gorgeous My Mind's Eye Gingham Gardens Collection Kit and Ephemera Pack and a Foundations Décor Magnetic Shadow Box for this décor piece. My photos from a past Easter bring back a lot of happy memories. This was the last time that my brother and I were able to dress up our kids in coordinating outfits for a photo shoot. Pre-teens and teens are not swayed much by a basket full of candy, LOL!

Easter Photo Decorated with Flower Die-Cut Ephemera in a Shadow Box

I used a photo of my daughters as the center focal point of this décor piece. The Ephemera Pack was great for finding colorful die-cuts to layer on top of my photos.

Easter Title Decorated with Flower Die-Cut Ephemera in a Shadow Box

I created a dimensional title spot directly above center of the box using die-cuts and stickers. 3D Foam Squares and Circles were key in separating the words for readability.

Easter Journaling Spot Decorated with Flower Die-Cut Ephemera in a Shadow Box

Die-cuts make great mini journaling spots! I used 3D Foam adhesive here to raise these pieces off the base patterned paper.

Easter Photo Decorated with Die-Cut Ephemera and Tag in a Shadow Box

Tags are a fast and fun way to add additional patterns to projects. I tucked one behind a photo and topped it with a twine bow for texture.

Easter Journaling Spot Decorated with Flower Die-Cut Ephemera in a Shadow Box

I cut away the white border on several die-cuts and stacked them between pieces of 3D Foam to create a layered journal spot.

Easter Photo Decorated with Flower Die-Cut Ephemera in a Shadow Box

Lastly, I tied a ribbon around the shadow box. This ribbon servers two purposes. First, I really love the added texture and pop of dark green. Second, and most important, this ribbon is a base for a layered die-cut and sticker embellishment that lays on top of the frame. The wood inserts pop out of the frame to change décor for different seasons, and this ribbon easily slides off the frame, so I can quickly start fresh on another décor piece with blank inserts and an empty frame.

I think this magnetic frame is a brilliant idea. I love that one frame is easily customizable for the changing seasons. I don't have a lot of storage space in my home for seasonal wall décor, so this frame solves that problem! If you're interested in more details about how the inserts use magnets to attach to the shadow box base or if you would like the exact measurements of the frame and the inserts, please stop by my post on the Clique International Blog.

Clique International Supplies:
Gingham Gardens Collection Kit
Gingham Gardens Ephemera Pack
Green Seam Binding Ribbon
Foundations Décor Black Magnetic Shadow Box

Other Supplies: 3D Foam Squares White Mix (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L); 3D Foam Circles White Mix (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L); E-Z Runner Ultra Strong (Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L); Twine

Pin It!


Easter Shadow Box Frame Altered with the My Mind's Eye Gingham Gardens Collection

Comments

Post a Comment