You Can Call Me On My Banana Phone Scrapbook Layout - More Than Words Challenges

Scrapbook Layout with Felt Banana and Banana Phone

Hi! I'm sharing the layout I created for the May 2020 More Than Words Main Challenge. FUNNY is the word inspiration and STRIPES is the creative challenge. My daughter is a FUNNY girl! She is bananas for bananas. She has several banana print outfits. She also has a banana print rug in her room. When I need to talk to her, I can call her on her banana phone, which is great for a laugh! I incorporated STRIPES into my design on the base patterned paper and on a speech bubble chipboard embellishment. I did a bit of stash busting for this layout. I used some Sassafras patterned papers and embellishments and a happy Bam Pop chipboard speech bubble.

Telephone Message Card with Scrapbook Layout Journaling and Banana Phone Felt Title

I used a telephone message paper for my journaling and title spot. I added a fun felt loop and patterned paper border to brighten up and highlight the area. The Prima letter stickers were a fun way to add more texture. I replaced the word 'banana' in the title with a felt banana embellishment.

Banana Phone Photo Framed with Patterned Paper, Felt Loop Border, and Chipboard Quote Bubble

I added the same felt loop and patterned paper borders around the photo. I also added a sentiment sticker. If a Bluetooth banana phone is appealing to you, I purchased mine HERE.

Embellished Striped Chipboard Speech Bubble with Heart and Puffy Stickers

I wanted to add a second striped component to my page and this Bam Pop chipboard speech bubble was the perfect happy accent. I added some puffy stickers to help finish the design.

More Than Words Challenges May 2020 Main Challenge Mood Board Funny and Stripes

Where would we be without the FUNNY things in our lives? Laughter is the best medicine and we all enjoy those funny moments. What does the word funny inspire you to create? To add to the challenge, we want see STRIPES on your project. We don't mind if they're bold or soft, wide or narrow, so long as they're stripey! Share your layout, canvas, or art journal page with us via the linky tool on the More Than Words Challenges blog by the end of the month to be eligible for the prize drawing.

Supplies: Patterned Paper (Sassafras Lass); Felt Banana (Sassafras Lass); Felt Loop Sticker Border (Queen and Company); Chipboard Speech Bubble (Bam Pop!); Puffy Stickers (American Crafts); Sentiment Sticker (Tim Holtz); Alphabet Stickers (Prima); Phone Message Paper; Yellow Flower; Marker (Sharpie); Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!


Scrapbook Layout with Felt Banana and Banana Phone

Comments