Old Friends Vintage Home Scrapbook Layout - More Than Words Challenges

Vintage Home Scrapbook Layout with Vintage Ephemera Cork and Plaster Embellishments

Hi! I'm sharing the layout I created for the More Than Words June 2020 Challenge. The June Main Challenge offers HELLO as the word inspiration and DOORS AND WINDOWS as the creative challenge. Walking into our current house for the first time nearly 2 years ago was like saying HELLO to an old friend. We immediately felt a connection to the space. Our house was built in 1928 and we fell in love with the old wood DOORS and WINDOWS, which are just a few of its many charms. We are enjoying uncovering its secrets and are slowly making it our home.

Hello Happy Place Vintage Home Photo on a Scrapbook Layout

I created a layered sticker embellishment to place onto the photo of my home. I'm definitely a homebody and enjoy spending most of my time at home. I built up layers of vintage ephemera under the photo.

Large Cork Number with Paper Flowers on a Vintage Scrapbook Layout

I used a large cork number two on this page because this house is the second home we have purchased. We have rented homes for most of my husband's military career and it feels great to own a home again! I applied dye ink over the Creative Embellishments Distressed Checker Stencil and added Lindy's Gang copper mist splatters to add patterns to the top half of the page. Once I secured the cork number to the page I topped it with cream colored paper flowers.

Vintage Book Page Plaster Casting and Chipboard Embellishment Cluster

I tore the title for this layout from a piece of vintage book paper. I added a floral plaster casting and misted Creative Embellishments Square Corner Collage chipboard piece under the title spot to add texture and dimension to the page. Our home has plaster walls and ceilings, so I especially liked the plaster casted embellishment for its similar material.

Stenciled Tag Journaling Spot on a Vintage Home Scrapbook Layout

I used the same stencil and mist to embellish the area around a tag to create a journaling spot of the page.


Do you greet a friend with a HELLO? Maybe you'd like to welcome a new baby, say hi to a relative, or introduce a new pet? Or maybe just a simple Hello title works for you. We often welcome friends at our doors and DOORS and WINDOWS can symbolize new opportunities or new directions in our lives. We want to see doors and/or windows on our project. Share your work with us before the end of the month!

Supplies: Patterned Paper: Studio Calico; Vintage Ephemera: 7 Gypsies; Vintage Book Page: UmWowStudio; Chipboard Sticker: Ali Edwards; Die-Cut Sentiment: Studio Calico; Cork Number: Studio Calico; Paper Flowers: Prima; Chipboard: Creative Embellishments; Stencil: Creative Embellishments; Mist: Lindy's Gang; Dye Ink: Clearsnap; Marker: Sharpie; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L; Miscellaneous: Tag, Plaster Embellishment, Staples

Pin It!

Historic Home Scrapbook Layout with Vintage Ephemera



Comments

  1. This is GORGEOUS! LOVING that big '2', the layers, the houses... just FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big fave for me! The story of your layout along with the large cork number 2, it's a stunner!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment