Our House Scrapbook Layout - Clique International

American Crafts Scrapbook Layout with Patterned Paper Covered Chipboard House and Stained Glass Window Photo

Hi! I'm sharing a layout that I was inspired to create after listening to the song "Our House" by Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young for Clique International today. I used the title of the song for the title of my layout and also incorporated some of the song lyrics that got me thinking specifically about a pair of stained glass windows that my husband and I recently installed in our kitchen. I had a lot of fun creating a house embellishment using chipboard from my stash and bits and pieces of most of the patterned papers from the Our New Normal Base Kit.
American Crafts Scrapbook Layout with Patterned Paper Covered Chipboard House and Stained Glass Window Photo

I covered layers of chipboard with patterned papers to create this cozy house embellishment. This mix of colors and prints really has a wonderful homey feel, and being a patterned paper lover, I just had to include them all on this page. After piecing the house together, I surrounded it with die-cuts, stickers, and fussy cut design elements from the kit.
American Crafts Scrapbook Layout with Patterned Paper Covered Chipboard House and Stained Glass Window Photo

I printed some of the song lyrics and topped them with an acetate frame to help highlight the words. I used the foam letter stickers from the kit for the title.
American Crafts Scrapbook Layout with Patterned Paper Covered Chipboard House and Stained Glass Window Photo

My husband and I found a pair of stained glass windows in an antique shop a couple months ago. We had been looking for stained glass windows for several years up to that point and never found two matching windows. We knew this pair would look amazing over our kitchen sink. Our home was built in 1928 and has all of the original windows, which need a lot of love. We are slowly working on remodeling our space in a style that gives a nod to the original time period. The original wood windows had been painted in the kitchen and no longer opened, so we didn't feel too bad replacing them. (We saved the old windows for a future project plan!) Once the new panes were in, we built fresh wood frames for the stained glass and installed them from the inside to keep them safe from the elements. It is absolutely wonderful to complete a project that adds to the beauty of our home. Most of our previous improvements have been plumbing and electrical upgrades that get buried behind the walls. When the sunshine illuminates these windows they definitely look like fiery gems, just like those mentioned in the song lyrics.

I used another acetate frame to highlight the photo. I fussy cut more flowers from the patterned papers and created a journaling spot from die-cuts and stickers. The last finishing touch was a layered butterfly embellishment.

I hope I have inspired you with this layout! The Our New Normal Base Kit is curated for documenting our new normal lifestyle including work, school, and play from home, and all of our memories adapting to the socially distanced life.
Clique International Supplies: Our New Normal Base Kit

Other Supplies: Chipboard House (Blue Fern Studios); Adhesive (Scrapbook Adhesive by 3L)

Pin It!


American Crafts Scrapbook Layout with Patterned Paper Covered Chipboard House and Stained Glass Window Photo

Comments