Denim Sun Mini Album - Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L


How to embellish mini album binding with E-Z Squares and Sequins

Hi! I'm sharing a summer themed mini album that I created for Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L today. I used the Photo Play Paper Wild Honey Collection, a sweet combination of beautiful florals and bee-inspired patterns, to decorate the inside of the album. I wanted to bring some of that color out to the album cover, so I stitched embellished E-Z Squares onto the binding fabric for a touch of sparkle.

How to embellish mini album binding with E-Z Squares and Sequins

I'm a tactile crafter, so I really love not only the look of this embellished binding, but also the feel. I purposely left the tails on my floss knots so that they would brush my fingers. The shimmery E-Z Squares and sparkly sequins add even more texture to the album cover.

How to color and stitch E-Z Squares onto mini album binding

E-Z Squares are ready to accept pigment powder directly out of the dispenser, so no primer medium is required. First, apply E-Z Squares to the album binding. Then, use a soft brush to apply pigment powder to the E-Z squares. Next, thread a needle with floss and tie a knot in the bottom of the string. Slide a sequin onto the floss and stitch it onto the album binding onto the center of an E-Z Square. Tie a knot on the inside of the album to secure the sequin and cut away the excess floss. Repeat this stitching process until each E-Z Square has a stitched sequin embellishment.

The only factor stopping me from embellishing the entire album cover in this manner is the cardboard inserts inside the front and back covers of the album. Instead, I added another textured element to the cover, an Architextures Sun.

Summer Mini Album with Bee-Inspired Patterned Papers

I used Creative Photo Corners to accent the photos in this mini album. These self-adhesive embossed corners are a great way to add texture to a page when space is limited. I like the mixed package, which includes a variety of colors: Black, White, Gold, Silver, Kraft, and Ivory, conveniently packaged on strips.

Summer Mini Album with Bee-Inspired Patterned Papers

To keep my album spreads from looking flat, I used Small 3D Foam Squares to secure die-cuts to several pages. The high-density foam will not crush, so the dimension will be seen for years to come. I always reach for 3D Foam when I'm designing with patterned papers of the same color, like those show above, to help define the layers of patterned paper.

Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Supplies:
3D Foam Squares White Small Size
E-Z Squares Refillable Dispenser
Creative Photo Corners Mix Pack

Other Supplies: Denim Mini Album: 7 Gypsies; Patterned Paper: Photo Play Paper; Die-Cuts: Photo Play Paper; Cardstock Stickers: Photo Play Paper; Sentiment Sticker: Ranger; Architextures Sun Base: 7 Gypsies; Perfect Pearls Pigment Powder: Ranger; Floss; Sequins

Pin It!

How to embellish mini album binding with E-Z Squares and Sequins

Comments

Post a Comment