Joy Scrapbook Layout - Clique International

Whimsical Everyday Moment Scrapbook Layout with Die-cut Butterflies and Ephemera
Hi! I'm sharing a layout that I created with the Limited Edition Simple Stories Garden District Kit for Clique International today. The double-sided patterned papers in this collection have images of butterflies, flowers, bees and birds. The sheet of cardstock stickers and die-cut ephemera pack includes more flowers, and also labels and sentiments. It has been awhile since I loved a collection like this. The designs and color palette are so beautiful! This kit is perfect for documenting Spring and Summer activities, but also everyday moments.

Whimsical Everyday Moment Scrapbook Layout with Die-cut Butterflies and Ephemera
I found that the patterned papers already included many of the designs that I would normally apply to the base of my layouts like blocks of color, scripts and text, and gorgeous florals. Rather than focus on adding mediums, I had a lot of fun building up layers using the die-cuts and stickers in the kit. I chose a 49 and Market viewfinder die-cut and arranged Simple Stories butterfly die-cuts in a rainbow palette around the edge. I folded each butterfly die-cut down the center to give them more dimension and secured them to the die-cut with 3D foam squares for extra height. I cut the white edge from flower ephemera and tucked them around my photo. I finished this focal point by adding several cardstock sentiment stickers.

Whimsical Everyday Moment Scrapbook Layout with Die-cut Butterflies and Ephemera

To help the eye move around the page I cut leaves from the ephemera pack die-cuts and attached them to flower stems on the patterned paper. This gave the floral print area on the bottom left corner of the page more dimension.

I finished the layout with a sticker title, some handwritten journaling, and a silver dragonfly charm. The dragon fly charms are detailed on both the front and the back, so they would look amazing on handmade jewelry or journal charms.

​If you're looking to add some whimsy to your scrapbooks, pick up this kit from the Clique Shop!


Pin It!

Whimsical Simple Stories Garden District Scrapbook Layout with Rainbow Die-Cut Butterflies and Ephemera

Comments

Post a Comment