Gratitude Journal Part 1 - Clique International

 

Corrugated Cardboard Gratitude Journal Cover

Hi! I'm sharing the embellished cover of the gratitude journal that I created for the month of November using several kits from Clique International today. I've documented several Decembers in December Daily albums, but I have never documented the month of November outside of my Project Life albums. I am grateful for so much in my life, and am excited to fill these pages! I recently purchased an album class kit from Donna Salazar and I thought the corrugated cardboard, neutral patterned papers, and tags would make a great starting point for this journal. Donna did an amazing amount of work to create this album, which I was able to quickly assemble. I had a blast adding color and texture to the cover.

Embellished Gratitude Album Cover with Altenew Patterned Paper Chipboard and Embroidered Bird Patch

I needed to widen the front cover to protect some of the longer inner pages, so I created an embellished chipboard piece using the Creative Embellishments Doily Border and Alexandra Renke cardstock. After I applied woodgrain contact paper to the cardboard journal cover, I used Extreme Double-Sided Tape to attach the chipboard extender to the cover. Next, I added layers of paper flowers and leaves using the Altenew + The Stamp Market 6x6 Mega Paper Stack Sampler Kit. I topped the colorful blooms with Jen Hadfield Puffy Stickers and a Maggie Holmes Embroidered Bird Patch from the A Simpler Life Base Kit.

November Gratitude Journal with Chipboard Grateful Title

I added a grateful chipboard piece to the bottom left corner of the journal cover. I used a gold pen to add the year.

Corrugated Cardboard Gratitude Album with Ribbon Binding

The album binding is tied with ribbon, so I can easily expand, or tighten, the album pages as necessary. I'm looking forward to sharing my completed album in early December, so please stop back soon.

Clique International Supplies:
Altenew + The Stamp Market 6x6 Mega Paper Stack Sampler Kit
A Simpler Life Base Kit
Alexandra Renke Cardstock
Wood Grain Contact Paper
Lace

Other Supplies: Girly Grunge Album Kit: Donna Salazar; Chipboard Doily: Creative Embellishments; Gold Marker; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives bu 3L

Pin It!

Embellished Gratitude Journal Cover for November


Comments

Post a Comment