DIY Air Dry Clay Ornaments - Clique International


DIY Air Dry Clay Star Ornaments with Acrylic Paint and Frosty Sparkly Finish

Hi! I'm sharing a set of handmade ornaments I created for Clique International today. I followed a 3-ingredient DIY air dry clay recipe that I found on Pinterest. I'm pretty happy with how these ornaments turned out, especially for a first attempt. I decided to bake these ornaments for a firmer finish as the tutorial I followed recommended. My ornaments didn't bake up super smooth, but that just left me opportunities for textured embellishment!

DIY Air Dry Clay Star Ornaments with Acrylic Paint and Frosty Sparkly Finish

First, I applied a layer of Bad Girls Couture Haute Mess Acrylic Paint, in solid color, and then randomly with a stipple brush dipped in white paint for a frosty finish. Once the paint was dry, I spread on crackle paste and pearl mica paste. While the pastes were still wet, I sprinkled each ornament with glass glitter for an extra bit of shine. These beauties look great hanging on my tree!

Handmade Holidays December 2020 Event in the Clique International Facebook Group

The Clique International team would love to see your handmade holiday projects. Share your creations with us in The Clique Facebook Group all month long.

Clique International Supplies:
Bad Girls Couture Bliss Add-On Kit
Glass Glitter

Other Supplies: Baking Soda, Corn Starch, Star Cookie Cutter; Crackle Paste: Ranger; Pearl Mica Paste: Golden; Twine: Prima

Pin It!

DIY Air Dry Clay Star Ornaments with Acrylic Paint and Frosty Sparkly Finish


Comments

Post a Comment