Best Friends Rainbow Scrapbook Layout - Creative Embellishments

 

Best friends scrapbook page with black & white papers and a colorful splash of rainbow embellishments, including a shaker filled with glitter and mica flakes.

Hi! I'm sharing a best friends scrapbook page with black and white patterned papers and a colorful splash of rainbow embellishments, including a shaker filled with glitter and mica flakes, that I created for Creative Embellishments. I had so much fun creating this page about my oldest child and their best friend, who have much in common, but dress totally different. My child is all about color, while their friend is more subtle, rocking a dark wardrobe. I celebrate the juxtaposition of color in the photo in my design for this page.

Best friends scrapbook layout with black, white, and rainbow patterned papers and die-cuts and a chipboard title.

I started this layout by layering black and white prints above and below a fun rainbow dot acetate sheet across the top of the page. I stacked colorful floral die-cuts under the photo and then topped them with the Best Friends Border Word that I sprayed white.

How to embellish a rainbow dot acetate specialty paper with puffy dot stickers.

I backed the acetate with an embossed piece of white cardstock to help it stand out from the base patterned paper. I highlighted some of the colored dots with puffy dot stickers for more texture and dimension.
Black and white and rainbow layers on a best friends scrapbook layout.

I tucked die-cut tags between the layers of patterned paper and added a rainbow stripe button.

How to fill and embellish a chipboard rainbow shaker embellishment from Creative Embellishments.


I couldn't let the top half of the page have all the fun, so I embellished the bottom right corner. I had a blast adding color to a Rainbow Shaker! I primed all the pieces of this shaker set with a matte white spray paint. Spray paint is perfect for even application, even in small spaces. I used Stickles glitter glue to fill the arches of the rainbow with shimmery color. Once the glue was dry, I secured 1 cloud layer over the segmented rainbow base, added white mica flakes to the clouds, covered it with the acrylic divider, and the topped it with the final cloud layer. I added a glittery journal die-cut and camera around the shaker feature to finish the embellished corner.

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
Best Friends Border Words Chipboard Set
Rainbow Shaker

Other Supplies: Embossed White Cardstock: Core'dinations; Over The Rainbow Base Kit: Clique International; Stickles Glitter Glue: Ranger; Mica Flakes: Melissa Frances; Marker: American Crafts; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L; Matte White Spray Paint: Krylon

Pin It!

Best friends scrapbook page with black & white papers and a colorful splash of rainbow embellishments, including a shaker filled with glitter and mica flakes.



Comments