Rainbow Shaker Unicorn Birthday Mini Album - Clique International


Rainbow Shaker Mini Album with Unicorn Sequins and Die-cuts

Hi! I'm sharing how I altered a Mintopia Rainbow Shaker Album for Clique International today. I used the Clique Chromatics Anuenue Kit, the Clique Chromatics Unicorn Kit, and some whimsical embellishments from past kits. Anuenue means "rainbow" in Hawaiian and is a common theme in many Clique kits. This album was absolutely perfect for documenting my daughter's 7th birthday party which took place back in 2015. Waiting to use those photos definitely paid off!

How to Add Color and Texture to a Rainbow Shaker Album Cover using Dye Ink Acrylic Paint and Glass Bead Gel

I used a colorful mix of dye inks to add color to the top rainbow die-cut that fits onto the cover of the album. Once the ink was blended to my linking, I applied a layer of clear ultra fine glitter paint for a sparkly finish. Finally, to add texture to the cover, I spread on a layer of Bad Girls Couture Haute Mess Glass Bead Gel, which is part of the Capsule Wardrobe Acrylic Mixed Media Kit.

How to Assemble a Rainbow Shaker Mini Album and Fill with Sequins and Gems

I painted the face of the front cover with Bad Girls Couture Haute Mess Fallen Angel Acrylic Paint. I used a silver paint pen to outline the inner and outer edges of the wood rainbow that sits on the cover of the album. Once the paint was dry, I glued the wood rainbow to the white base and filled the space with sequins and gems. Next, I glued the solid acrylic rainbow over the sequins, sealing them in to the cover, and then glued the rainbow die-cut on top of that. The top left corner of this photo shows what the album looks like before altering.

How to Create Mini Album Page Tabs Using Washi Tape

I used the back cover as a template for the album pages, which I cut from Waffleflower cardstock. The cardstock is single-sided, so I cut two colors each of pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple patterned papers. Before I adhered the colored pages together, I added a small washi tape tab between each set of pages to help turn the pages. This was also a fun way to add another rainbow to the album.

Rainbow and Cloud Mini Album Pocket with Journaling Card

Once the pages were secured inside the album it was time to embellish! I used a combination of Bella Blvd Squeeze The Day ephemera and enamel shapes from a past kit and Pretty Little Studio Color Me Happy Die-Cuts and Stickers. (The Pretty Little Studio Kit is part of the Retiring Kits Sale, so you can pick it up for a great price while supplies last!) I made a quick pocket on the front inside cover using a die-cut. Simply apply adhesive to the bottom and lower edges of the die-cut and leave the top unattached--perfect for holding journaling cards!

Rainbow Shaker Birthday Mini Album Page with Die-cuts and Stickers

There is plenty of room for photos, journaling, and embellishments in this album! Stop by my Instagram Account for a video flip though of this album.

Clique International Supplies:
Mintopia Rainbow Shaker Album
Clique Chromatics Anuenue Kit
​Clique Chromatic Unicorn Kit
Clique Chromatics Capsule Wardrobe
Pretty Little Studio Color Me Happy Sampler Kit

The stunning patterned paper that is the background of the finished album photo at the top of this post is from the Limited Edition Bliss Bad Girls Couture and Clique International Collaboration Kit. I used every other piece of paper from that kit and thought that this design was just too beautiful to cut.

Other Supplies: Rainbow Polka Dot Acetate: American Crafts; Washi Tape: Karin Joan; Dye Ink: Clearsnap; Paint Pen: EK Success; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!

Rainbow Shaker Mini Album with Unicorn Sequins and Die-cuts


Comments