Rock 'N' Roll Scrapbook Layout - Creative Embellishments

Mixed Media Rock 'n' Roll Scrapbook Layout Using Chipboard, Wood Veneer, Stencils, and Stamps from Creative Embellishments

Hi! I'm sharing the layout I created for the Creative Embellishments March Challenge. The challenge this month is to be inspired by a sketch with a design twist of adding stitching, either real or faux. I was inspired by many of the elements in the sketch when creating this layout of my husband with photos from one of his gigs. 

Creative Embellishments March 2021 Sketch Challenge


I was inspired by the horizontal stripes in the sketch to build up layers of patterned paper in the center of the page.

How to Add Stars to Patterned Paper Using Stencils and Stamps

I used the Star Bokeh Stencil and the Grunge Stars Stamp with chalk ink to add stars to the top layer of patterned paper. 

How to Paint and Glaze Chipboard Film Strip Photo Frames for a Scrapbook Layout

I used the Film Strip Picture Frame Set on top of my photos. 

How to Paint a Chipboard Guitar with Acrylic Paint and Glaze

Instead of adding tags to my design, I used Wood Veneer Music Notes and a guitar from the Chipboard Guitar Set. The chipboard pieces on this page were colored with acrylic paint and then a layer of glaze.

How to Cover Patterned Paper Seams with Faux Chipboard Stitching

For the twist, I added a Honeycomb Stitched Border over the seam of two pieces of patterned paper. The wood veneer pieces on this page were colored with acrylic paint and then a layer of glitter glue.


Other Supplies: Patterned Paper: Heidi Swapp; Chalk Ink: Clearsnap; Acrylic Paint: Decoart; Paint Pens: EK Success; Glaze: Judikins; Glitter Glue: Ranger; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!

Mixed Media Rock 'n' Roll Scrapbook Layout Using Chipboard, Wood Veneer, Stencils, and Stamps from Creative Embellishments



Comments