Lisa Simpson Vans Scrapbook Layout - Creative Embellishments

 

Neon 80s Lisa Simpson for President Vans Flashback Scrapbook Layout with Chipboard and Vinyl Embellishments

Hi! I'm supporting a favorite animated character and paying tribute to one of America's TV families with this Lisa Simpson for President Vans neon 80s scrapbook layout that I created for the Creative Embellishments May Challenge. I recently picked up this pair of kicks and immediately thought they were perfect this challenge. I was inspired by the neon color palette of the challenge image. For the twist I repeated both circle and lightening bolt shapes. (I hope I'm not the only crafter that still has American Crafts vinyl pieces from 2008!) 

How to Color and Embellish a Chipboard Frame on a neon 80s inspired flashback scrapbook layout

I used a Circle Doodle Frame around the photo of the shoes that I colored simply with paint pens and markers and then embellished with yellow enamel dots. I added some fun flair, a vinyl lightening bolt and heart, and of course, a pink sprinkle donut embellishment around the focal point.

How to Use Vinyl Shapes to Create a Memphis Style Embellishment Pattern on an 80s Inspired Neon Scrapbook Layout

To really play up the twist of repeating a pattern, I created some embellishment clusters with those vinyl pieces I mentioned to mimic the print on the patterned paper and to add some interesting color to the side of the page. The yellow zigzag border sticker might be just as old as the vinyl shapes! It reminded me of Lisa's yellow hair.

80s Slang Chipboard Title with Purple Embossing Powder on a Neon 80s Inspired Scrapbook Layout

I used several words from the 80's Slang Word Chipboard Set to create my title, which I embossed light purple to match the shoes.

Creative Embellishments May 2021 Challenge Mood Board Black and Neon Repeating Patterns

The Creative Embellishment Team would love to see how you are inspired by the challenge image. To join in the fun, create a NEW project, anything you like, as of May 1st, 2021 and add your entry to the inlinz tool on the Creative Embellishment challenge post before the end of the month to be eligible for the prize drawing of a $25 Gift Card to the Creative Embellishments Store. It is required that you mention in your blog/Facebook post that you are playing along at Creative Embellishments together with a link back to the Creative Embellishments blog. Please make sure to reference the challenge.  Combining your project with other challenges is permitted. We would love to see you use at least 1 Creative Embellishments product on your project but it isn’t required to play along.


Other Supplies: Dot Embossed Cardstock: Core'dinations; Patterned Paper, Journaling Sticker: Reminisce; Flair: American Crafts; Puffy Donut Embellishment: Amy Tangerine; Vinyl Shapes: American Crafts; Border Sticker: KandCompany; Enamel Dots: Want2Scrap; Embossing Powder: American Crafts; Paint Pen: Posca; Markers: Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Pin It!

Neon 80s Lisa Simpson for President Vans Flashback Scrapbook Layout with Chipboard and Vinyl Embellishments


Comments