Vintage Wrapping Paper Triptych - Creative Embellishments

 

Triptych Collage Style Art Panels with Vintage Wrapping Paper and Chipboard Embellishments

Hi! I'm sharing a Triptych that I embellished with vintage wrapping paper and some of my favorite chipboard pieces for Creative Embellishments today. I was inspired by the elements in the background of each panel to add similar designs over the top. I thought these panels were a fun way to showcase some of my favorite things; butterflies, flowers, ribbon, and bling. I started this project by applying vintage wrapping paper over the chipboard panels using glue. Next, I used a gold paint pen to color the decorative border pieces for each panel and attached them to the papered panels using a small adhesive dot runner.

Monarch Butterfly Chipboard Embellishment with Black and White Acrylic Paint and Orange Tissue Paper

I used black and white paint pens to color two pieces from the Monarch Butterfly Set. I glued orange tissue paper to the back of both butterflies to fill the negative space on the wings with color. I used 3D foam squares to attached the butterflies to the panels to help them stand out from the busy background.

Chipboard Rose Embellishment with Red and Green Acrylic Paint and Red Tissue Paper

I colored a Rose using red and green paint pens. I applied a piece of red tissue paper to the back of the rose petals to fill in the negative space with color. I secured this chipboard rose to the right panel using 3D foam squares.

Steampunk Pocket Watch Chipboard Embellishment with Gold, Black, and White Paint

I colored a Steampunk Pocket Watch with gold, white and black paint pens. I like using paint pens as a quick way to color chipboard. For me, the marker tip is a much more accurate way to apply color to intricate chipboard designs than a paint brush and liquid acrylics. I had applied a second set of watch hands to one of the pocket watches on the wrapping paper to add dimension to the background.

Chipboard Bow Embellishment with Blue Acrylic Paint and Blue Stickles

This chipboard bow is one of ten from the Bows Set. I applied color with a paint pen and then added a layer of blue Stickles on top for a touch of shimmer.

Adore Family Words Border Set Chipboard Piece with Light Green Acrylic Paint on a Triptych Panel

The last piece of chipboard I added was adore from the Family Word Border Set. I applied light green acrylic paint to the word to help it pop off the more muted background.

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
Triptych 2
Family Word Border Set
Monarch Butterfly Set
Rose Set 2
Bows
Steampunk Pocket Watches

Other Supplies: Vintage Wrapping Paper; Uni-Posca Paint Pens; Tissue Paper; Stickles: Ranger; 3D Foam Squares, E-Z Runner Petite Permanent Dots: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!

Triptych Collage Style Art Panels with Vintage Wrapping Paper and Chipboard Embellishments


Comments