Fall Mini Album - Clique International

 

DIY Painted Letter Fall Mini Album with Die-Cut Leaves

Hi! I'm sharing a Fall mini album that I created by hand using the Hello Fall Digital Cut File, sheets of cardboard, and some of the fabulous Fall kits from Clique International today. I don't have an electronic cutting machine, but many of the cut files in the shop are designs that are easy to cut by hand by using the JPEG or PNG file as a guide. If you've never tried this technique before, read on to learn how to create an inexpensive album to document the season.

How to Use a Digital Cut File to Create a Mini Album from Cardboard by Hand

I used a word processing program to enlarge and print the letters F, A, L, and L from the cut file. The finished album dimensions are about 5 inches tall by 12 inches wide, so I used two 12x12 inch cardboard sheets to cut the four album pages. (I had raw cardboard sheets in my stash, so I used those, but a shipping box would also work well because the cardboard will be covered.) I used the paper letters as templates for each page, lining up the letters against the right side of the 12x12 sheets and tracing with a pencil. Then, I used scissors to cut away the right half of each letter, and then cut across the cardboard in a straight line to the left edge, creating 5 inch by 12 inch letter pages. I stacked the album pages together from the bottom to the top and arranged the pages until I could see each letter. Once I was happy with the overall look of the word FALL, I trimmed the left edge of the top three pages. My finished lengths are as follows; F (5.5 inches along the top edge), A (7. 75 inches along the bottom edge), L (10 inches along the bottom edge), and L (12 inches along the bottom edge). I punched two holes along the edge of each letter and used snap rings to hold the album together.

Fall Letter Cardboard Mini Album with Acrylic Paint

The color palette from the October Challenge Mood Board (Join the fun in The Clique Facebook Group!) is stunning and I used that as inspiration for the album pages. Inexpensive acrylic paint is a great medium to cover cardboard. After applying several layers of paint to each letter, I was ready to embellish.

Glass Pumpkin Patch Photos in a Fall Mini Album

I love to mix and match collections when I create. I used pieces from the Paper Inky Artefacto Sampler Kit, the A Little Scary Fancy Pants Seasonal Kit, the Riconoscenza Altenew and Pretty Little Studio Base Kit, and the Mintopia Vellum and Acetate Pad. I kept my photos and embellishments on the left half of the inner pages so that the letters would be clearly visible when the album was closed.

Glass Pumpkin Photos in a Fall Mini Album with Die-Cuts and Stickers

I applied patterned paper and acetate to some pages and embellished others directly over the paint. I used this album to document my trip to the Jack Pine Glass Pumpkin Festival in Laurelville, Ohio. My photos do not do these gorgeous creations any justice. The way the sunlight hit the glass pumpkins is definitely best appreciated in person. This glass pumpkin patch is something straight out of a fairytale and I was expecting my fairy godmother to appear at any moment!

DIY Painted Letter Fall Mini Album with Die-Cut Leaves

I used the Hello Fall Digital Cut File a second time to add the script Hello to the edge of an album page. Carbon paper is my secret weapon! I simply traced the letters onto the cardboard L and then filled in the outline with a white paint pen.

Jack Pine Glass Pumpkins 2021


I picked these two gorgeous pumpkins from the patch. The white pumpkin is the 2021 Pumpkin of the Year. The theme is "Celebrate Life." "After such a dark year, Jack Pine thought it was time to focus on the good, one smile at a time. With the bright white and splash of color, Jack hopes this pumpkin will put a smile on your face. :)"

Clique International Supplies:
Hello Fall Digital Cut File
Paper Inky Artefacto Sampler Kit
A Little Scary Fancy Pants Seasonal Kit
Riconoscenza Altenew and Pretty Little Studio Base Kit
Mintopia Vellum and Acetate Pad

Other Supplies: Cardboard Sheets; Die-Cut Leaves: American Crafts; Flower: Prima Marketing; Lace: Webster's Pages; Acrylic Paint: DecoArt; White Paint Pen: Uni-Posca; Gold Paint Pen

Pin It!

DIY Painted Letter Fall Mini Album with Die-Cut Leaves


Comments