Best Life Scrapbook Layout - Shimelle Guest Designer

 

Family Fun Scrapbook Layout Using Shimelle Products and the Color Wheel as a Design Guide

Hi! I'm sharing a family themed layout that I created for a Guest Design spot with Shimelle today. My sister and her 4 kids came to visit me over the Thanksgiving holiday, and we had an amazing time together. I took this photo of my sister with her two daughters at a local neighborhood park where we spent time enjoying the full palette of falling leaves, something that they don't get to see living in central Texas.

Family Fun Scrapbook Layout Using Shimelle Products and the Color Wheel as a Design Guide

I always gravitate to specialty papers. The 12x12 Die-Cut Cardstock from the Field Trip Collection, with the rainbow of colorful punch-out segments, was the starting point for my page design. I popped out the cool tone die-cuts that matched the colors in my photo. After trimming away the white border from each die-cut and distressing the edges with scissors, I arranged the pieces of patterned paper by color onto the base patterned paper.

Family Fun Scrapbook Layout Using Shimelle Products and the Color Wheel as a Design Guide

Once I had the bands of color secured to the page, it was time to embellish! Shimelle's paper collections are full of color and fun designs that have a lot of texture and dimension, so I had plenty to choose from. I applied puffy and foam stickers, and small images that I cut from patterned papers, into the matching-colored sections on the page. I combined elements from two collections to create this layout; Never Grow Up and Field Trip.

Family Fun Scrapbook Layout Using Shimelle Products and the Color Wheel as a Design Guide

I applied teal glitter star stickers for a touch of sparkle and white chalk ink splatters for contrast before adding a small journaling sticker to finish the page.

Shimelle Supplies:
Never Grow Up Collection - 12x12 Double Sided Paper - Everyday Magic
Never Grow Up Collection - Thickers Puffy Foam Phrases - Let's Play
Field Trip Collection - 12x12 Double Sided Paper - Out There
Field Trip Collection - 12x12 Double Sided Paper - Hear Me Roar
Field Trip Collection - 12x12 Specialty Paper - Die-Cut Cardstock
Field Trip Collection - 6x8 Journaling Paper Pad
Field Trip Collection - Accent and Phrase Stickers
Field Trip Collection - Embossed Puffy Stickers
Glitter Girl Collection - Thickers Sparkle Foam Phrases - Teal Glitter

Other Supplies: White Chalkboard Ink: Tattered Angels

Pin It!

Family Fun Scrapbook Layout Using Shimelle Products and the Color Wheel as a Design Guide


Comments

Post a Comment