Double-Sided Thanksgiving Tag - Creative Embellishments

 

Be Grateful Thanksgiving Tag with chipboard turkey shaker embellishment, decorative scroll, and red acrylic maple leaves.

Happy Thanksgiving! I'm hosting my family again this year and I wanted to create something to decorate my table. I came up with this double-sided tag centerpiece out of necessity. I couldn't decide between chipboard designs, Creative Embellishments has so many, so I chose them all! I used a Large Acrylic Tag for stability. The clear nature of the tag made both sides of my patterned paper visible, so the front of the tag looks just as good as the back, and there is plenty of room for embellishments.

Be Grateful acrylic painted chipboard sentiment with gold wax and red acrylic maple leaf.

I used acrylic paint to color the Be Grateful Title. Once the paint was dry, I applied gold wax over the letters and added an Acrylic Red Maple Leaf.

Acrylic painted chipboard turkey shaker embellishment filled with glitter.

I had so much fun building this Turkey Shaker! I used the top piece as a template and traced around the cutouts with a pencil onto the base of the turkey to give me a guide for painting. I filled the turkey with glitter and then colored the top piece with a gold paint pen. I added more Red Acrylic Maple Leaves and a portion of a Scroll Border.

Give Thanks acrylic tag with chipboard sentiment, decorative scrolls, and pumpkin pie shaker.

The second side of my tag is similar to the first. Again, I chose a chipboard title, scroll borders, and a shaker embellishment.

Acrylic painted give thanks chipboard words with gold wax.

I used acrylic paint to color the Give Thanks Title. Once the paint was dry, I applied gold wax over the letters.

Acrylic painted chipboard pumpkin pie slice shaker embellishment filled with glitter.

I used both pieces of the Scroll Border 6 to decorate the sides of the tag. I again used acrylic paint to color the scroll chipboard and applied gold wax to the pieces, just like the border on the other side of the tag. The Pie Shaker fit nicely between the two scrolls along the bottom of the tag. I painted the shaker to look like a slice of pumpkin pie and then filled it with orange glitter. The only difference between the pie on this tag and the slice of pie I'll be eating is the amount of whipped cream!

If you celebrate the holiday, I hope you have an amazing day!

Creative Embellishment Supplies:
Be Grateful Tag:
Large Clear Acrylic Tag 3
Be Grateful Title
Turkey 2 Shaker Set
Red Acrylic Maple Leaves
Scroll Border 7

Give Thanks Tag:
Give Thanks Title
Scroll Border 6
Pie Shaker Set

Other Supplies: Patterned Paper: Authentique; Acrylic Paint: DecoArt; Glitter: American Crafts; Gold Paint Pen: EK Success; Brown Marker: Sharpie; Gold Wax; Seam Binding Ribbon; Googly Eye; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!

Double-sided Thanksgiving acrylic tag with chipboard sentiments, decorative scrolls, and pumpkin pie and turkey shakers.


Comments

  1. These are fabulous Thanksgiving tags and love how you made it more special with the glitter!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment