Christmas Gnome Grunge Frames - Creative Embellishments

 

Grungy mixed media chipboard frames with painted and embellished Christmas gnomes to trade with friends.
Hi! I'm sharing a set of festive Christmas gnome grunge frames for Creative Embellishments today. If you love crafting with gnomes, this set is just one of several new gnome designs that celebrate the seasonal themes of the last quarter of the year. These cuties are about 4 inches tall, so they are a bit too large to fit on an artist trading card. Not to worry! I switched up my base to some of the new Grunge Frames and plan to trade these cards just like I would an ATC.

Painted Joy Christmas Gnome with Ornament Mixed Media Grunge Trading Board

I selected one of the Geometric Grunge Frames 2 for the base of this card. I absolutely love the cut-outs! After I painted the frame, I applied collage paper to the back to create a solid base. I used paint markers to color the gnome and then embellished with a chipboard word from the Christmas Sentiments Set. I really wanted to play with texture for this set because I chose a matte finish for the chipboard. I used a cotton round to fill in the gnome beards. I separated the layers of a cotton round and fluffed it up a bit before attaching it to the back side of each gnome.

Painted Jolly Christmas Gnome with Tree Mixed Media Grunge Trading Board

I assembled and embellished this frame in a similar way but used a different color palette. I selected a frame from the Geometric Grunge Frames. I thought the star design on the grunge board complemented the star on top of the tree.

Painted Jingle Christmas Gnome with Gift Mixed Media Grunge Trading Board

Here is the third gnome frame. This frame is also from the Geometric Grunge Frames Set. I like the J-word sentiments on this trio of boards. I definitely need to spread joy, be jolly, and jingle wherever I go this holiday season.

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
Christmas Gnomes
Geometric Grunge Frames
Geometric Grunge Frames 2
Christmas Sentiments

Other Supplies: Collage Paper: Art by Marlene for Studio Light; Paint Markers: Uni-Posca; Miscellaneous: Cotton Rounds; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!

Grungy mixed media chipboard frames with painted and embellished Christmas gnomes to trade with friends.



Comments