Ruler Bound Junk Journal - Clique International

 

Ruler Bound Junk Journal Created with Recycled Art Paper Scraps and Ephemera and Decorated with Hand Dyed Floral Applique

Hi! I'm sharing a junk journal that I created for Clique International today. I combined two amazing kits, Recycled Art Paper Scraps and the Junk Journaling Ephemera Starter Kit, and bound the contents together. Both of these kits fall under the new Lost & Found Category in the Clique Shop, which has become my favorite section to find one-of-a-kind products and some of my most loved discontinued or out of print supplies. I'm a patterned paper lover, so I prefer to start my junk journals with a base of fabulous prints.

Ruler Bound Junk Journal Created with Recycled Art Paper Scraps and Ephemera and Decorated with Hand Dyed Floral Applique

I used a Tim Holtz Riler Binding Kit from my stash to hold these beautiful pages together. A binding like this is easy to assemble, even without the kit, using a ruler, two washers, 2 flat screws, and two wingnuts. Supplies that are inexpensive and available at any hardware store. The only addition tool required to put this binding together is a hole punch. I trimmed some of the patterned papers down to match the length of the binding. Don't worry, I saved all the paper pieces for use inside the album!

Ruler Bound Junk Journal Created with Recycled Art Paper Scraps and Ephemera and Decorated with Hand Dyed Floral Applique

There were two pieces of think vellum included in the Junk Journaling Ephemera Starter Kit that I used for the front and back covers. I decorated the front cover of the journal with Hand Dyed Blooms and a layered butterfly and sticker sentiment from the Rainbow Sampler Kit. I can't wait to start altering the inner pages, so stay tuned for additional blog posts!

Stop by my Instagram Feed to watch a video of all the papers and ephemera included in the two kits I used for this journal.

Clique International Supplies:
Recycled Art Paper Scraps
Junk Journaling Ephemera Starter Kit
Rainbow Sampler Kit
Hand Dyed Blooms

Pin It!

Ruler Bound Junk Journal Created with Recycled Art Paper Scraps and Ephemera and Decorated with Hand Dyed Floral Applique


Comments