90's Grunge Scrapbook Layout - Creative Embellishments


Dope 90s Grunge Scrapbook Layout with Chipboard, Stenciling, and Stamping.

Hi! I'm sharing a grungy scrapbook layout that takes me back to my youth for Creative Embellishments today. I was recently going through old family photos, and I found this gem of my sister in all her angsty teenage glory. She spent a lot of time traipsing through the woods taking photos with a camera that contained real film that she would later develop in her high school photography class. This photo is overexposed, but not enough to wash out the chocker and oversized jeans. In other words, this photo, and my sister, are dope!

Painted Distressed Chipboard Checker Borders and Typeset Stenciling on a 90s Grunge Scrapbook Layout

I started altering the Checker Borders by applying gesso over the chipboard pieces using my finger. An uneven application is perfect for a grungy finish. Next, I brushed on Dina Wakley Media Gloss Spray. Before the spray was completely dry, I dripped other colors of Glimmer Mist onto the chipboard and let the colors mix and blend on their own. I applied several iridescent stars and glitter glue to the dry chipboard. To add more texture to the page, I applied molding paste over the row of symbols on the Typewriter Keys Stencil along the side of the die-cut number piece. I left the paste white for contrast.

Dope Glazed Chipboard Word on a 90s Grunge Scrapbook Layout with Stenciling and Stamping.

I selected the word Dope from the 90's Slang Word Set for the title of this layout. I first colored the chipboard word with a metallic gold paint marker. I went over the gold with an orange paint marker and then used my fingernail to scrape away the paint in places, revealing the gold underlayer. I brightened the word with a layer of glaze. I applied the title to the layout over a section of the page that I stamped and stenciled (Distress Pattern Stencil) over.

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
90's Slang Word Set
Checker Border
Distressed Pattern Stencil
Typewriter Keys Stencil
Distressed Circles Stamp (Retired)
Distressed Gears Stamp (Retired)

Other Supplies: Patterned Paper: Reminisce; Vellum: Prima Marketing; Die-Cuts: Little Yellow Bicycle; Distress Oxide Ink: Ranger; Dina Wakley Media Glass Spray; Ranger; Glimmer Mist: Canvas Corp Brands; Paint Markers: Uni-Posca; Glossy Accents: Ranger; Stickles Glitter Glue: Ranger; Molding Paste: Golden; Archival Ink: Ranger; Gesso; Iridescent Stars; Staples; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!

Dope 90s Grunge Scrapbook Layout with Chipboard, Stenciling, and Stamping.


Comments