Monkeying Around Teen Boy Scrapbook Layout - Creative Embellishments

 

Whimsical Monkeying Around Teen Boy Scrapbook Layout with Barrel of Monkeys Chipboard Set and Red Acrylic Stars

Hi! I'm sharing a scrapbook layout that I created with a photo of my nephew from our most recent family vacation for Creative Embellishments today. You know I love you if I break out the Sassafras paper stash! We purchased this large gorilla stuffed animal for our nephew from our favorite souvenir shop for his upcoming birthday. I snapped this photo outside of the shop and it quickly became one of my favorites from our trip. I had a blast putting this page together with Creative Embellishments products.

Hand Painted Barrel of Monkeys Chipboard Embellishment Set on a Teen Boy Monkeying Around Scrapbook Layout

The Barrel of Monkeys Chipboard Set is super fun! The bright patterned paper that I chose for this layout allowed me to go full whimsy and paint the barrel and the monkeys their recognizable bold blue and red color combination. I used a red paint marker to color the monkeys and then applied Tea Dye Distress Ink to the edges for a more aged look. The coloring of the barrel was a process. I used a blue Chalkboard Glimmer Mist, Tea Dye Distress Ink and metallic wax rub, and then decided it was a bit too dark for the page. I went over the barrel with a blue paint marker and was much happier with the result. The edges where the marker couldn't get to look better than the aging I was trying to achieve by other means.

Red Acrylic Star Embellishments on a Teen Boy Monkeying Around Scrapbook Layout

I incorporated a pair of vintage monkey die-cuts into my design. For a fun finishing touch, I applied several Red Mirror Acrylic Stars to the page to add some shine to my otherwise matte design.

Creative Embellishments Supplies:
Barrel of Monkeys
Red Mirror Acrylic Stars

Other Supplies: Cardstock: Core'dinations; Patterned Paper: Sassafras Lass; Die-Cuts: Pretty Little Studio; Cardstock Sticker: Sassafras Lass; Alphabet Stickers: Bella Blvd; Distress Ink: Ranger; Paint Marker: Uni-Posca; Chalkboard Glimmer Mist: Canvas Corp Brands; Metallic Wax Rub; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L; Miscellaneous: Flair Button Embellishment

Pin It!

Whimsical Monkeying Around Teen Boy Scrapbook Layout with Barrel of Monkeys Chipboard Set and Red Acrylic Stars


Comments