Busy Bee Scrapbook Layout - Color Rush Studio

 

Bee kind scrapbook layout with large chipboard hexagon panel, beehive shaker, and stamped leather embellishments by Dana Tatar for Color Rush Studio.

Hi! I'm sharing a bee themed scrapbook layout for Color Rush Studio today. I used the March Bee Kind Main Color Club Kit, which features gorgeous, patterned papers from Simple Stories and embellishments that have fantastic texture from Color Rush Studio!

Bee kind scrapbook layout with large chipboard hexagon panel, beehive shaker, and stamped leather embellishments by Dana Tatar for Color Rush Studio.

The Color Rush Team is excited to introduce challenges where creativity takes center stage in a bold spectrum of self-expression! We would like to encourage our followers to document their stories colorfully by exploring new themes, techniques, and materials to inspire fresh ideas. We hope this will foster a supportive community where everyone can share their creativeness. I followed the Color Rush Studio March Sketch with the additional challenge of using ribbon in a creative way. I applied matte medium to the bee print ribbon from the kit, and once dry, cut the bees out to fill the hive shaker that I created from patterned paper, acetate, and 3D foam for this page.

Bee kind scrapbook layout with large chipboard hexagon panel, beehive shaker, and stamped leather embellishments by Dana Tatar for Color Rush Studio.

I used a hexagon cut chipboard circle from my stash, which I wrapped in pompom trim from the kit, for the base layer of my photo spot. My friend and I took our kids to the Shenandoah Valley Discovery Museum in Winchester, Virginia during Spring Break several years ago. We always have a wonderful time at this kid-friendly hands-on museum. Much to my delight there was a new exhibit called Pollinator Plaza. I was able to get super close to a live honeybee colony. It was amazing to see, hear, and watch them work. Of course, I took pictures!

The hexagon leather bee embellishment fit perfectly inside the open space on the chipboard piece. The wood tile letters that I used for the title are from a past kit.

March 2024 Color Rush Studio Sketch Challenge
The Color Rush Studio Team hopes that you will be inspired by the March Sketch Challenge. Please share your take with us in the NEW Color Rush Studio Kit Club Facebook Group or on the Color Rush Studio Facebook Page. If you're sharing your work on Instagram, please use the hashtag #colorrushchallenge.

Color Rush Studio Supplies:
March Bee Kind Main Color Kit

Other Supplies: Chipboard: Creative Embellishments; Acetate; Sequins; Matte Medium; Adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L

Pin It!

Bee kind scrapbook layout with large chipboard hexagon panel, beehive shaker, and stamped leather embellishments by Dana Tatar for Color Rush Studio.




Comments