Layered Butterfly Tag - Brutus Monroe

 

Special delivery mixed media layered butterfly tag using watercolor paper, fiber sheets, vellum, Puncheto, and acetate along with glittered mediums.

Hi! I created this tag for Brutus Monroe using products from their March Wings of Lace release. If you love butterflies, this is the moment you have been waiting for! I decided to create layered butterflies for my tag because I couldn't narrow down the products that I wanted to use. They're all fabulous!

Special delivery mixed media layered butterfly tag using watercolor paper, fiber sheets, vellum, Puncheto, and acetate along with glittered mediums.

I started this project by misting a manilla shipping tag with Lime Chroma Mist. Once the ink was dry, I applied dye ink to the edges of the tag. The Build a Butterfly Stencil includes one butterfly base shape and 5 wing designs. I used the solid wings for the base layer as well as a guide for cutting the patterned wings out from the specialty paper that I used. If you'd like to create these butterflies, here's what I used:

Base layer: Aqua Pigment Watercolor Paper + Creamy Violet Aqua Pigment
Layer 1: Fiber Paper Sheet + Red, Neon Red, Neon Pink, and Neon Orange Aqua Pigment
Layer 2: Heat Resistant Vellum Sheet + Butterflies Chunky Glitter Glaze
Layer 3: Lilac Butterfly Holographic Puncheto
Layer 4: Heat Resistant Acetate + Raspberry Tart Embossing Powder

I used pink colored staples to hold the layers of wings together. I brushed dye ink over the butterfly base portion of the stencil to add the antennae and butterfly bodies to the tag and then I attached the layered wings.

I finished the tag with a stamped sentiment and some hand-dyed Tangerine Orange seam binding ribbon.

Brutus Monroe Supplies:
BRU1432 Mixed Media Manilla Tag
BRU5948 Build A Butterfly Mixed Media Stencil
BRU3611 Lilac Butterfly Holographic Puncheto
BRU6500 Butterflies Chunky Glitter Glaze
BRU7341 Lime Chroma Mist
BRU3911 Tangerine Orange Chroma Mist
BRU6182 Copper Shimmer Chroma Mist
BRU8845 Red Aqua Pigment
BRU3792 Neon Red Aqua Pigment
BRU3808 Neon Pink Aqua Pigment
BRU3785 Neon Orange Aqua Pigment
BRU3464 4” Blending Brush
BRU1290 Creamy Violet Aqua Pigment
BRU3892 Raspberry Tart Embossing Powder
BRU2081 Clear Embossing Ink
BRU2135 Happy Mail Stamp Set
BRU3690 Heat Resistant Acetate
BRU9477 Heat Resistant Vellum Sheets
BRU9033 Aqua Pigment Watercolor Paper
BRU5328 Fiber Paper Sheets

Other Supplies: Archival Ink; Dye Ink; Seam Binding Ribbon; Pink Staples

Pin It!

Special delivery mixed media layered butterfly tag using watercolor paper, fiber sheets, vellum, Puncheto, and acetate along with glittered mediums.


Comments