Quilled Storybook Mixed Media Tag - Brutus Monroe

 

Quilled storybook tag. How to add dimension to stamped and embossed art using quilled, and hand cut paper designs with simple mixed media techniques.

Hi! I'm sharing a mixed media tag I created using the Enchanting Stories Mixed Media Stencil as a template for embossing and quilling for Brutus Monroe today. I embellished my quilled storybook with flowers cut from the Colorful Spring Paper Pad packaging and stamped and embossed designs from the latest release. The small prints of the patterned paper designs included in the paper pad on the back of the packaging are the perfect size to use on smaller projects. Plus, I'm not letting any of this gorgeous paper pad go to waste!

Quilled storybook tag. How to add dimension to stamped and embossed art using quilled, and hand cut paper designs with simple mixed media techniques.

I am a tactile crafter. I absolutely love the feel of paper in my hands. If you haven't tried quilling, which involves rolling thin strips of paper into coils and pinching them into designs, I highly recommend it! The quilled book pages I created to embellish the base of my tag are basic beginner level forms that are not difficult to make. I really enjoy the quiet process. The photo above shows how I used the stencil as a guide.

Quilled storybook tag. How to add dimension to stamped and embossed art using quilled, and hand cut paper designs with simple mixed media techniques.

Once I quilled the basic page outline for the book, I added some simple coils to help hold the pages in place and to add visual interest. I cut floral designs from the paper pad to decorate the center of the book pages and to fill in the area around the embossed flowers and leaves. I added an embossed create your own ending sentiment and a touch of glitter to the embellished book area.

I inked the edge of the tag with dye ink for contrast and created my own text background by filling up a stamping block with sentiments and stamping along the edge of the tag.

Quilled storybook tag. How to add dimension to stamped and embossed art using quilled, and hand cut paper designs with simple mixed media techniques.

I embellished the top of the tag with a double-layer butterfly. The Heat Resistant Acetate Sheets are so fun to emboss!

Brutus Monroe Supplies:
BRU0642 Jumbo Mixed Media Tags
BRU3906 Colorful Spring 6x6 Paper Pad
BRU5506 Create Your Own Ending 2x3 Stamp Set
BRU2288 Butterfly Sentiments Stamp Set
BRU7441 Enchanting Stories Mixed Media Stencil
BRU3690 Heat Resistant Acetate Sheets
BRU2543 Raven Detail Ink
BRU2081 Clear Embossing Ink
BRU0307 Jade Embossing Powder
BRU3892 Raspberry Tart Embossing Powder
BRU1959 Apricot Chroma Mist

Other Supplies: Quilling Paper; Dye Ink; Glitter Glue; Paint Markers; Ribbon; Staples

Pin It!

Quilled storybook tag. How to add dimension to stamped and embossed art using quilled, and hand cut paper designs with simple mixed media techniques.



Comments