Shelfie Book Review and Rating Journal - Brutus Monroe

 

DIY stamped and colored book journal. The perfect way to track and organize your reading progress as well as rate your favorite titles and authors.

Hi! I created a journal for rating and reviewing the books I read using stamped cardstock, patterned paper, and washi for Brutus Monroe. I added a bit of shine to the cover using Gilded Embossing Powder, which also made the cover print created with the Library Background Stamp easier to color by providing a more defined design. I embellished the washi spine with Flat Backed Crystals. 

DIY stamped and colored book journal. The perfect way to track and organize your reading progress as well as rate your favorite titles and authors.

I used a simple pamphlet stitch to secure the cardstock signatures to the cover, which is just a piece of thin cardstock covered in stamped and patterned paper. I used the Overdue and Create Your Own Ending Stamp Sets to stamp a place for journaling about and rating each book I read. I like to include the book cover for a fun pop of color. I'm hoping to fill all 59 pairs of pages in this book and start a second volume before the end of the year. I usually read between 65 and 80 books a year, although I'm a bit behind my usual pace at the moment. 

I rate the book themed products from Brutus Monroe 5 stars!

Brutus Monroe Supplies:
BRU9494 Not Your Mamas Heavyweight Cardstock
BRU4929 Vintage Plaid 6x6 Paper Pad
BRU8908 Sensational Spines Washi Sheet
BRU0895 Library Background Stamp
BRU6458 Overdue Stamp
BRU5506 Create Your Own Ending 2x3 Stamp Set
BRU2081 Clear Embossing Ink
BRU2543 Raven Detail Ink
BRU2487 Gilded Embossing Powder
BRU2345 Red Shift Flat Back Crystals

Other Supplies: Cardboard; White Cardstock; Embroidery Floss; Star Stamp; Distress Markers

Pin It!

DIY stamped and colored book journal. The perfect way to track and organize your reading progress as well as rate your favorite titles and authors.


Comments