Terrarium Dome Shaker Album - Brutus Monroe

 

The Brutus Monroe Terrarium Paper Pad helps your paper crafts come alive. This album cover has a shaker dome filled with cacti, succulents, and gems.

Hi! I'm sharing a set of mini album covers for Brutus Monroe that I created using the new Terrarium Paper Pad. The patterned papers are absolutely stunning! The name of the paper pad literally had me thinking terrarium and I recently saw an amazing card created by Karan Gerber that featured a dome shaker, so that was the inspiration for this album. I love using up old stash when I can and I've had the 6x6 chipboard album pages and plastic dome for years. I was waiting for the right paper to come along, and it has!

The Brutus Monroe Terrarium Paper Pad helps your paper crafts come alive. This album cover has a shaker dome filled with cacti, succulents, and gems.

I started the shaker dome construction by cutting succulents from the Terrarium paper pad. I cut two of each design so that I could layer the pieces to create more dimension under the dome. I used the Circle Blending Buddy to aid in the cutting of the base patterned paper for the bottom of the dome as well as the sand-colored ring that circles the dome. These circle templates are designed to protect a stick and stamp mat while blending ink onto paper, but they also work great as circle templates for hand cutting.

After I assembled the succulents on the base patterned paper, I added a stamped sentiment from the Theater Icons Stamp Set. Then I filled the dome with Buttons Galore Cactus Sequin Mix and sealed it up with double-sided tape.

I applied patterned paper to the front and back covers and then I added the shaker dome to the front cover. It really adds a wow factor to an otherwise simple album. I used binder rings to hold the album together, which makes adding pages to the album quick and easy using just a single hole punch.

Brutus Monroe Supplies:
BRU0108 Terrarium 6x6 Paper Pad
BRU9494 Not Your Mamas Heavyweight Cardstock
BRU2578 Theater Icons Stamp Set
BRU2543 Raven Ink
BRU0060 Topaz Flat Back Crystals
BRU2184 Circle Blending Buddy

Other Supplies: 6x6 Album Covers; Cactus Sequin Mix: Buttons Galore; Dimensional Dome: Sizzix; Binder Rings; Dye Ink: Clearsnap

Pin It!

The Brutus Monroe Terrarium Paper Pad helps your paper crafts come alive. This album cover has a shaker dome filled with cacti, succulents, and gems.


Comments